Navigation Screen Resolution? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do you know the resolution of the navigation screen in the 2016+ LC?

I'm looking to add my startup and display off images from the T4R, and the manual only states the Image folder name, file name, file type, and file size restrictions.

As an example, the 5th gen T4R navigation resolution is 800x480.

Thanks!

I don't know the resolution however the manual states that "[...]Image files of 10 MB or less can be transferred.[...]". I've uploaded some fairly high resolution photos and they display fine, though certainly not what we're used to with modern screens.

I think I came pretty close to figuring it out, or at least I know the ratio. This is for the 2016+ 200 series.

I set my images to 6200 wide by 3700 tall and it looks great. I used a solid black background around our logo, but it looks to be near perfect.

The reasoning behind my madness:
1. The screen is 9" diagonal, 7.75" wide and 4.625" tall (the height & width using my ruler).
2. Using the Pythagorean theorem a2 + b2 = c2 (7.75 * 7.75 + 4.625 * 4.625 = 9 * 9).
3. I then simply converted the inches into eighths and got 62 by 37.
4. I then multiplied each by 100 to get to the 6200 x 3700.
**The 7.75" and 4.625 are just a little off, but I did not feel like spending the entire day reversing engineering the dimensions.
5. I made my image with the dimension of 6200 x 3700, loaded it and it looks great.
Basically, you need a ratio of 60% height compared to your width.

If someone comes up with the exact dimensions, please let me know.
I have attached a copy of my the image I uploaded. (I had to make the resolution 1/2 of the 6200 x 3700 to get the file size down)

CSC-3.jpg

thx @brices123 . i think you have the aspect ratio right, just about 16:9, but definitely not the pixel count, that would make it like an 8k or 12k monitor (ie twice as much as your latest/greated 4K ...3840 x 2160 ...big screen TV), maybe $10k for a screen that small :) my last guess was around 1200x700px

thx @brices123 . i think you have the aspect ratio right, just about 16:9, but definitely not the pixel count, that would make it like an 8k or 12k monitor (ie twice as much as your latest/greated 4K ...3840 x 2160 ...big screen TV), maybe $10k for a screen that small :) my last guess was around 1200x700px
I know the resolution is wrong. I tried a bunch of different resolutions and it did not really make a difference. Just use the correct ratio and you should be good. When I uploaded the higher pixel jpeg images, they worked just fine. Not sure why Toyota is so secretive about the resolution. I have searched for over a year for the specs and cannot find it. I am sure it is out there somewhere.
Have a great weekend/Father’s Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom