n/a 1hz airbox - apart from the restrictive input is it worth upgrading to a custom airbox? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 80 has its original almost 700 k km 1hz with no turbo and no snorkel. Goes fine. I've always been a bit confused about the restrictive intake port to the airbox from the factory air inlet 'thingy' that lives inside the space about the RHF wheel.

I don't intend to go down the snorkel route anymore.

Is there any value in a different air box for a factory n/a diesel? Something that doesn't use a restrictive pod filter like the PDI airbox for example.

Being in oz a non-Oz made airbox wouldn't be cost-effective. I believe PDI's uses a Toyota filter element.

What other possibilitie exist?

Use the factory one, no need for the extra air if not turboed, BUT you could use the 1fzfe airbox lid and open up the intake hole
not sure what the hz airbox lid looks like but i have a feeling it looks like the pic

it did for my 3b-t

FZJ80 AIR CLEANER LID 004.JPG

The factory airbox won't be a restriction to about 20 psi of boost or high hundreds hp to the tyres. There's no need for any modifications on a 1HZ or even a mildly worked 1HD-##.

The factory airbox won't be a restriction to about 20 psi of boost or high hundreds hp to the tyres. There's no need for any modifications on a 1HZ or even a mildly worked 1HD-##.

But, but, but

A new air box would be worth at least 5hp to the old 1Hzzzzzzz!

That'd nearly double its output! :rofl:

But, but, but

A new air box would be worth at least 5hp to the old 1Hzzzzzzz!

That'd nearly double its output! :rofl:
eBay electric Turbo for another 5? 🥳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom