My story, & new to me, 2013 LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The estimate for the damages came back at $4400.

The shop I selected seems competent. My appointment is scheduled for May 7th.

What all are they going to replace and are they blending the rear right door?

They're replacing the front door, the front fender and all associated moldings, and trim. The manager said they were leaning toward painting the entire right side.

I'll be sure to post pictures when it's complete.

Make sure they blend the right rear door, if they don’t then it will be noticeable. I am a front line estimator for a collision repair shop.
Unfortunately the shop will not be able to decide to paint the whole side, only progressive can/will make that decision. I would also make sure that it goes to the dealer to “scan and clear codes” as well as recalibrate the lane departure and collision alert systems. Only the dealer can tell you if the system is functioning as designed per factory specs.

Tough luck on the accidents. Take lots of pics and save for if you ever sell. Just went through this with my truck after I ran into a flying sheet of plywood on the hwy. Any of you guys who got rid of your 20's selling them? I like that style wheel better than current. Let me know if you want to sell them.

Make sure they blend the right rear door, if they don’t then it will be noticeable. I am a front line estimator for a collision repair shop.
Unfortunately the shop will not be able to decide to paint the whole side, only progressive can/will make that decision. I would also make sure that it goes to the dealer to “scan and clear codes” as well as recalibrate the lane departure and collision alert systems. Only the dealer can tell you if the system is functioning as designed per factory specs.

Good advice, thank you. The person handling my claim is a champ, so I'm sure Progressive will make it right if I'm not satisfied with the result.

My '13 doesn't have lane departure or collision, so hopefully I'll be good in that regard.

Sounds good, if at all during the “repair process” you have any questions about anything and want unbiased answers from another LC enthusiast just let me know I will be happy to help in anyway! Lastly, this may help or may not and you might already know but just because it went great last time doesn’t mean it will be speed bump free this time. All Insurance companies are looking to spend the least amount possible on a claim. The “field adjuster” is the one writing the repair estimate and generally never speaks to the actual customer, he works with the shop estimators like myself. The “claim rep” and or agent is who most customers have contact with through the paying insurance company. I’m guessing that would be Vladimir. Like everything in life there are good ones and bad ones. Sounds like he’s a good one but understand he doesn’t call the shots as far as repair procedures and use of OEM Toyota/Lexus parts vs aftermarket, LKQ (like,kind and quality)and or recycled parts. When you mentioned diminished value which is a very REAL thing by the way, the actual parts and where they came from do matter. I battle insurance companies everyday for my customers, and follow all manufacturers repair guidelines which isn’t always the case at all shops. More than likely everything will be fine this time around too but don’t forget how the “first agent was in a hurry to get you off the phone”. Good luck and awesome rig by the way, you’ll be looking good as new in no time!

Got the truck back last week! I think all the repairs look good. There is an alignment issue with the passengers side front door I'm going to ask them to repair.
IMG_20180510_162020.jpg
IMG_20180510_162028.jpg
IMG_20180510_162033.jpg
IMG_20180510_162039.jpg
IMG_20180510_162053.jpg

Aside from the alignment on the door I'm happy with the repair. There's no wind noise, and all of the electrical things work.

I took the rock warriors off and put the 20's back on.

Happy to have this truck back. As much as I love my 80 series, she's not nearly as comfortable!

Was the running board bent before the accident?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom