My sliders...done w/pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These are for Chicago, I finally finished everything and got them painted and mounted so here they are. The sun was in the wrong spot for most of them.
LXsliders 007.jpg
LXsliders 008.jpg
LXsliders 009.jpg

More.
LXsliders 010.jpg
LXsliders 011.jpg
LXsliders 012.jpg

And the last.
LXsliders 014.jpg
LXsliders 015.jpg
LXsliders 016.jpg

These are for Chicago, I finally finished everything and got them painted and mounted so here they are. The sun was in the wrong spot for most of them.

These are for Chicago Keith? Just trying 'em on your rig for test fit right? What...a belated Christmas present? :D :D

Seriously Jack they look great!

Thanks guys, I worked my butt off on those things. The passenger side gave me fits right to the end. The drivers side was much easier, but still a pain.

Jack

Jack...
Im speechless!!! Those look AWESOME!
For the out riggers...How did you do that?
It almost looks like a 2x2 with a 1x2 welded on top...Did you cut those in that shape?

Looks great! I love that clean look the 2x4 stock gives, and the protection is awesome!

Keith

Looks like theyre bolt ups too!
NICE!

K

Jack...
Im speechless!!! Those look AWESOME!
For the out riggers...How did you do that?
It almost looks like a 2x2 with a 1x2 welded on top...Did you cut those in that shape?

Looks great! I love that clean look the 2x4 stock gives, and the protection is awesome!

Keith

Thanks I appreciate it. The outrigger are 2x3 turned on end and then cut to get under the body. I'm not sure that make sense without seeing them.

Jack

That bad Hu?
Youre not very encouraging!
How much did you say they set you back?
How much would you say that you wasted?
Just curious...

Chicago

That bad Hu?
Youre not very encouraging!
How much did you say they set you back?
How much would you say that you wasted?
Just curious...

Chicago

The biggest problem was getting the angle and cutting the metal to get from the frame, under the cats and back up to the rail. That worked me like a rented mule. Plus, I had to cut the outrigger off of the plate and reweld after I poured the heat to it and distorted everything. :whoops:

The metal cost me $200.00
I only had to cut about 6 inches off of my rails for the proper length.
I ended up with about 3 feet of 2x3 left over.
The 3/16 plate, I had quite a bit, but I wanted that for possible future extra stuff, so no big deal there.

Would I do it again, maybe, but differently. Just a lot of cutting, grinding, welding, grinding, cutting, etc...

Jack

I have a buyer lined up in Denver, he just needs a little time to get the cash together. Hopefully it gets restored to its original glory.

I installed a set of Metal Tech sliders on an 80 last weekend and just INSTALLING them was a chore, so I can only imagine the effort that went in to BUILDING your own sliders. Mini trucks and 4Runners are definitely easy in comparison.

I have a buyer lined up in Denver, he just needs a little time to get the cash together. Hopefully it gets restored to its original glory.

I installed a set of Metal Tech sliders on an 80 last weekend and just INSTALLING them was a chore, so I can only imagine the effort that went in to BUILDING your own sliders. Mini trucks and 4Runners are definitely easy in comparison.

...and 100's :D . Easy fab up for these too.

Glad to hear it, it does deserve a full resto.

The sliders for my 4runner were so easy a caveman could do it...if he had a welder:grinpimp:

Jack

Mine on the forty are similar to Mikes, bolted straight to the body. Took all of two hours and $40 worth of angle iron and #8 bolts. :cool:

Mine on the forty are similar to Mikes, bolted straight to the body. Took all of two hours and $40 worth of angle iron and #8 bolts. :cool:

My jeep had a similar style, much easier. They grabbed a body mount underneath and then wrapped up around the body and bolted on, very nice and solid. I payed a little more than $40 though;)

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom