My sh*t (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfc

Threads
1:I got a spring clamp baisoil on my perch, will probably cut it off but could this cause a vibration?

2: my BFG's got 70% tread but are showing some crks on the tread is this normal, or is it related to the cold winter weather, I guess i got keep an eye on it
IH8MUD8.jpg
IH8MUD9.jpg

so figured out my springs are on back wards with the military wrap on the shakle side, mind you they were on backwards before as well, and the pin seems to be in the middle, so that shouldnt be my vibration????

went to do the brakes and I got one caliper siezed up on the inside :crybaby:, kinda noticed that that tire did't spin very well when jacked off the ground.....I got new IFS calipers sitting there, but was kinda hoping not to have to do any bleeding this time.....might as well change my fles lines that hve cracks in the rubber, I think even new rubber will crack in the cold so can I get stainless fex hoses??? where???

also the rear axel seal is leaky.....:doh:

now I got to do the grocery shoping :meh: mayby I should just get the :princess: something temporary :hmm: that will get us by for the next couple years

I think you could get ss flex brake lines at any of the cruiser vendors in the states, or even Napa probably could help you out, but it would probably be a lot of measuring and explaining.

Rear Axle is leaky, eh? Sounds familiar. Got a slide hammer? :)

I think you could get ss flex brake lines at any of the cruiser vendors in the states, or even Napa probably could help you out, but it would probably be a lot of measuring and explaining.

4wheel auto?

Marlin?.... does marlin have speacial seals or is that just for the front?

4wheel auto?

check marlins web site, I didn't see the ss hose on 4wheel auto website, but if you call, I am sure they can get it for you or tell you where.

I think marlin has special seals for just the front, but they might have an upgraded rear.

4wheel auto?

Only front... at least that's all that was on their website a couple weeks ago.

Toyota seals were better than the regular aftermarket stuff and shouldn't be too expensive IMO. Dunno if the specialty shops carry something better
Tires only last so long before the rubber starts to crack and the belts inside split. Start driving it if you want to get much out of that 70% tread.
The ss braided hoses might not be sae/dot approved, if that matters to you. I went to change my hoses and ended up having to replace a a couple hardlines too, damn canned worms.

The dude from 4wheel auto said the stinless one's don't last with the -30 to +30 temps, .......but he also dosn't cary them, he's got some jap ones that should last 20years .....so he said

The tires arn't that old, they alread got the rim guard that makes it hard to put weights on......but I guess I had them at least 6 years, I should check if my ol coopers got the same wear marks, their much older

The dude from 4wheel auto said the stinless one's don't last with the -30 to +30 temps, .......but he also dosn't cary them, he's got some jap ones that should last 20years .....so he said

The tires arn't that old, they alread got the rim guard that makes it hard to put weights on......but I guess I had them at least 6 years, I should check if my ol coopers got the same wear marks, their much older

I think 6-8 yrs was the manufacturers design life for a tire carcass, usually last longer though. Haven't gone through many truck tires but quite a few on small cars. Some companies tires worse than others. Had a few old tires bulge from split belts, never a full on blow out yet. I'd watch the tires and see if the cracks get worse quickly or expand.

I would just replace the flex lines with Toyota ones, the cold (or heat) won't bother them... at least for about 20 years.
I wouldn't worry about those cracks, I worry more about sidewall cracks. Leaving tires in the sun for long durations really degrades the rubber, not usually the tread, but sidewalls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom