My retirement setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sunset South Carolina, Tamassee, South Carolina
These are the toys I have assembled for my retirement "get out of Dodge" phase of life. Still have 6-12 months to wait as I have a great job and a great boss I cannot say goodby to yet. The dually is an '04 3500 Silverado diesel that I put a lot of time/parts into to make it dependable. The Lance truck camper is an '04 that is set up for boondocking. And the skiff is a 1948 Orlando Clipper with a 26 year old 15hp Johnson I just rebuilt for the second time since new. As an option I can flat tow my 40 instead of the boat. Plan to Coast-to-coast up to Alaska and then back east Coast-to-coast across Canada.

IMG_0741.JPG

Nice cruiser in your photo. Like your get-out of-town set-up. I am semi-retired with a '77 40 and an '06 22' War Eagle center console. The princess of the last 52 years insisted on a Dutch Star diesel pusher motor home which went away after the first oil change ($2,200). Still have my GMC crew cab dully diesel and got a fifth wheel. Not planning to spend any more money. You have thought out your retirement very well IMHO. Good Luck and happy retirement.

Pay special attention to the lower skirts on the rear of that lance, they are known to rot. I replaced both sides on my 1121 about 6 years ago and they are showing signs of problems again.

The beam under the slide out is another known defect for Lance.

Another area to look for leaks is the front window and the two wing windows by the bed.

Get the dinosaur board for your dometic fridge.

I'm about to sell mine this spring and possibly replace it with an 1181.

Nobody builds em like Lance...that's my next camper probably...sweet set up!

Bigfoot is a solid competitor for Lance, I think BF is built more solid, less material that is prone to rotting. They are sealed better than Lance as well.

Pay special attention to the lower skirts on the rear of that lance, they are known to rot. I replaced both sides on my 1121 about 6 years ago and they are showing signs of problems again.

The beam under the slide out is another known defect for Lance.

Another area to look for leaks is the front window and the two wing windows by the bed.

Get the dinosaur board for your dometic fridge.

I'm about to sell mine this spring and possibly replace it with an 1181.

Did research for almost a year before finding this one. One of my rear skirts is slightly damaged but I have material/means to fix. Damage appears to be from impact with adjacent lift jack.

The beam under the slide has a slight deflection but slide operates smoothly and does not leak in open or closed position.

I fixed a leak in the window at the head of the bed as well as another at a skylight. Plan to pull the old caulk and re-caulk entire exterior.

Tell me what the dinosaur board is for my Dometic refrigerator.

@Capt. Jim that dinosaur board is the control module for the fridge, it solves the problems of the fridge not switching back to LP after it's been on AC power.

Usually after you have had your camper plugged in, or on gen power, when you switch back to LP for the fridge it won't switch over correctly and it will trigger the alarm light, ultimately shutting off the fridge. I babied mine for a couple of years knowing what I had to do every time I unplugged it, but sometimes it would happen after I tried to manually switch it back to LP.

After switching to the dinosaur board I haven't had a single problem.

Being an older unit your fridge may have already been fixed, it is a super common replacement.

Here's my setup.

I'm probably pulling a little heavy!

20170705_161438.jpg
20170706_201251.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom