My pig in wolf's clothing... A youtube short (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mtpickettwoodworking.com
For 2 years I have not been able to access my youtube account, garymtpickett. Didn't realize it was tied to an obscure gmail account I never use. So we had some snow and my son got a 30 second video and I was able to upload it. Hoping to do a couple minute segment when good weather returns and show you all what I did to re-purpose the chassis/engine and running gear from my beloved '79 FJ 55 I have owned since 1986.

FJ 55 chassis.JPG

Thank you. It was a fun winter project in 2020 combining the Ford and Toyota parts. Kinda cold driving in the winter though.

With my 'garymtpickett' youtube channel back up and running I decided to make a 2 part mini series on the Foyota and the crackpot who put it together. Here is part 1, I posted a couple weeks ago, and I posted part 2 yesterday. Don't worry, they are quite short so maybe just go with a jiffypop, if that's still a thing. Part 2 will follow.

Warning: This video shows graphic scenes of rust which may be unsuitible for some audiences.

OK, Here's part 2. Yesterday I stopped by the bicycle shop in town and got some old inner tubes after I listened to the racket the tailgate chains made slapping against the stake pockets. The 2F has 198,000 on it with just oil changes, valve adjustments and normal maintenance. Nothing internal. I took excellent care of my 55. Pics are of a month long trip through the Southwest. Factory 3.73 gears, 235 85 16s. The long uphill grades gave new meaning to the popular family vacation question..."Are we there yet?" (And that was just moving to the next campground within the park.)
The kids are now 42,39 and 35 and I have a 28 year old who wasn't born yet!

https://i.ytimg.com/an_webp/Se9tz79...OSx8p4G&rs=AOn4CLDMtwYu8wi7BfRRssQ6zkbHxoXk0g

Death Valley 55 3.jpg

Death Valley 55 2.jpg

Death Valley 55 1.jpg

Last edited:
The axle comparison is telling 👍🏻

How 'bout this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom