Builds My mini-truck buildup thread...'86, 38's, FJ80 front axle, etc... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That truck looks sweet, i hope i get a chance to see it work someday.

I love the fenders, they really make the look of the truck.

2 questions : what suspension did you go with? is it necessary to remove the bed? i have the same truck and will be doing the same type of build, however the the frame is OK but the bed is rusted though. I'd like to have more utility than just a flat bed......

2 questions : what suspension did you go with? is it necessary to remove the bed? i have the same truck and will be doing the same type of build, however the the frame is OK but the bed is rusted though. I'd like to have more utility than just a flat bed......

The front suspension is a copy/modification of the original solid axle truck suspensions. The rear suspension utilizes the rear springs from a 1/2 ton Chevy from 1988-1998.

The bed I did simply because I wanted a flat bed. I wanted to eliminate as much sheetmetal as possible. Tube stays straigher much longer than sheetmetal ;)

Ary

What shocks and how much lift do you have over stock?

Bilstein 5100s in the front. Haven't done shocks in the rear, but most likely the same as the front.

The front springs are "3" lift springs" but the truck is VERY tall. I'm hoping to lower it a few inches at least.

Ary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom