My m416 refurb and build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good.

Floor is in. Also finished the support plate where the new drawbar meets the old frame rails.

IMG_6626.JPG
IMG_6629.JPG
IMG_6627.JPG

Lots of progress this weekend. Finished the frame, mounted the jack, installed shocks, wired led lights, and mounted the tub. Still a long ways to go but I can see the end of the tunnel.
IMG_6676.JPG
IMG_6680.JPG
IMG_6687.JPG
IMG_6683.JPG

Great work Andy!

You putting the RTT on it?

Frame for the tent rack is on. Still have some more bracing and crossbars to put in. Happy so far tho.

IMG_6729.JPG
IMG_6730.JPG
IMG_6732.JPG

Frame, fenders and rack are 100% done and waiting.

Tub painting in progress. Black Berliner inside and under. White enamel on tub exterior. This is just white primer.

49704742979__626F72D7-DE21-4DAD-B23B-733307C98879.JPG
IMG_6707.JPG

Very nice Andy!

Great build ! Make sure you pat yourself on the back, that came out sweet....

Andy,

What are the details on your tires? Still running tubes?

I would also suggest changing out the wheels for Jeep wheels . This will allow you to use tires better suited for off-road use. The tires that fit the 16"rims are LT tires for a 3/4 ton or one ton truck .

These HD tires will not flex when aired down causing the trailer tires to bounce into the air off-road. With Jeep wheel you can fit an off-road tire load range "C" that will air-down and flex offroad. I use one of the 16 wheel/tires as a spare .

These 416's are so maneuverable by hand, even when moderately loaded that a wheeled jack stand is overkill. Of course, YMMV

Of course ,empty on a flat paved surface . Loaded and not in a driveway is a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom