My girl topless, well sorta (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see you fixed the pics so I went ahead and deleted your location post and restored the thread.

Super nice 4R, BTW.

Again, like we're all saying, sweet Runner, sorry you had to lock the thread up for a little bit, just trying to help a fellow "Mudder out with the suggestions on security.
Personally I'm glad you (someone for that matter) took it to heart.

Let's see how the underhood looks..

erm, what I really mean is "..does the rug match the drapes?" :lol: (Engine bay and undercarriage just as pretty too?)

A quick trick too, if you want to cheat the picassa/google script into giving a bigger size than the script normally offers, here's the cheat.. (*starting html code has been cut off so the altered code would show for the example..)

You original jpg script was..
-a4vBAl8IW1A/Tep4ChUsVaI/AAAAAAAADKg/JF36FGfd8DU/s720/DSC04040.JPG
..for this size you used above..
DSC04040.JPG

Altering the ending point thusly and now the end of the script becomes..
/-a4vBAl8IW1A/Tep4ChUsVaI/AAAAAAAADKg/JF36FGfd8DU/s000

Basically the "s" in the code line is your size option, just change it to say "900" and delete the last part and you're set. :D
~Keep in mind people might shoot you for using this as it can cause the screen to roll over to the right.

Try substituting that in and you'll see what I mean.

I hate hearing about rigs getting stolen

I run mine topless...go to work & leave it in the lot all day
Go run errands & all my stuff is in it & I've never had a problem
I keep thinking of putting in a "kill" switch in it cause I did that to another rig before
I didn't like it then & I know I wont like it this time
Just cause its a PITA
I know, its worth the PITA to save my rig & I know im lucky to still have it, some will say

Im just statin my feelings on the matter

i had some delinquents try to steal my trashed speakers, out the back when i was working in SE DC, and they did steal my tags!

:grinpimp:Some pics of the engine:

IMG952383.jpg

IMG953340.jpg

IMG959880.jpg

Undercarriage, could use a good power washing, also not sure why the PO used permatex on the rear diff, gonna pull that apart at some point and have a look:

DSC02179.JPG

DSC02180.JPG

DSC02181.JPG

Some vintage stuff:

DSC02253.JPG

DSC02254.JPG

DSC02256.JPG

Who knew the japanese invented the camelpak? LOL

DSC02244.JPG

DSC02183.JPG

DSC02184.JPG

DSC02187.JPG

DSC02185.JPG

thanks for all your comments. I will post more pics as I continue to modify it to my liking (don't worry, nothing to crazy)

All I can say to that is WOW!!

I salute you for the nicest 4runner I've ever seen

Great looking Runner. Best I have seen also. What kind of mileage are you getting?

Gman

Very Nice! Just picked up my first 4Runner...1988 last week and was already wanting to get some sort of softtop for it, and you have just convinced me to get one. Thanks for the great pics, and nice looking rig!
2.JPG

back window

There is a switch that is activated by one of the bolts that holds the top on, so if the top is off the window won't go up... But with a soft top on, the bolt is back in... I would pull the switch out of the console, and unplug it till you decided to reinstall the top.

I just installed the soft top in my '87, the bolt needed to activate the back window is not one of the bolts that hold the rail in. I think its the 3rd bolt from the back on the drivers side that pushes a switch enabling window action.

on my 84 the safety button is located on the second hole from the rear on the drivers side, i just went out and tried my switch and the window started going up, so if you have the soft topper it does have a bracket that needs to have a factory bolt installed that activates that safety switch and your window will roll up.

now they might have moved the switch on newer models.

Tremendous photos. Seeing them really makes me want a 1st gen.

Oh for shizall, when did these come out? Years ago I installed a soft top from kayline, it was ok but required drilling holes in the truck rails and screwing the soft top rails down. That bothered me. I even started welding up my own aluminum rails and fabing my own system. Off to the recyling bin with that. Sweet looking ride and top.

Can I ask you though, how easy to remove it all so the hard top can be reinstalled, and do I understand you right, no drilling into the body is required?
Starlight.jpg

Do you have any pics of the top folded down and in the boot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom