My FZJ-80 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check with Cruiser Outfitters for an ARB bullbar. I bought one from them a few weeks ago. Check Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for used Warn winches. I picked up a good lightly used (maybe never truly used) 10k Warn for $400 recently.
Check with Cruiser Outfitters for an ARB bullbar. I bought one from them a few weeks ago. Check Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for used Warn winches. I picked up a good lightly used (maybe never truly used) 10k Warn for $400 recently.
Thanks Jim, I have done business with Cruiser Outfitters before. I appreciate the heads up.

Be sure to accurately determine the spring rate necessary for the expected full load out weight. I thought I did.
33" is a good place to land while you get some trail miles on it. I like the stock wheels too, but if you plan to do moderate+ trailing, a less expensive set of steelies go a long way in keeping the OEMs in good shape.
I use a 10k/cable Superwinch. About 5ys and a good many hard pulls on it. No issues.
Be sure to get bumpers with proper hi-lift jack ports/slots, or the hitch adapter. Otherwise no need for the jack.
The platform racks have sunroof options - just shorter or a hole in the platform.
So I found an ARB winch bumper from my local guy and it was priced right. I am going to go with Micky Thompson BAJA Boss tires I think. Still working on RIMS. Mayhem and Method seem to have some nice stuff that is also pretty reliable for aluminum. I won't do anything hard core so will most likely not go with steelies. Got my running boards off and have a bit of rust on the rear rockers to work on, but for a 25 year old Maine vehicle, its nothing. Will try to post up some pics later on tonight. I think the rim color would look great against the champagne color of the truck. Still reviewing winches. I think the Warn Evo 12k with synthetic rope can be fitted in the ARB with some 1" spacers. At least that is what I saw on another post.

1640903815946.png

1640903628219.png

1640903694386.png

Got the running boards off the other day. Only a small bit of rust damage on the rear rockers, so all in all pretty happy.

Running Boards Removed_1.jpg

Running Boards Removed_2.jpg

Running Boards Removed_3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom