My first LC! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been reading this forum for a good few years; great following and group here!

Just picked up my first LC!

2019 mag grey LC200 without the rear tvs.

Tempted by a few 80s over the years but never pulled the trigger.

Having my 5th-gen 4runner Trail for the last 5 years made it a slow burn to finally jump, but here I am!

Not "planning" the same amount of modifications as the 4R, but I've started day 0 with a set of 5 285.65.r18 KO2 and a husky rear cargo liner (stock all weather mats for first and second row seem fully capable).

Add a set of rock rails and call it good for a year.

Looking forward to being part of this great group!

Congrats! Fantastic color choice, it should look the part with the sliders combined with the better rubber.

You're already hooked man, mods have a way of creeping into your day to day mind wanderings. You're in the trust tree here 🤣

Thank all!

I hear ya on mods. i think only 2 of my vehicle have ever been left alone :D

I was a failed 80-series guy, turned 5th Gen. As fun as the 4R was, I had couldn’t be happy until I had a cruiser.

Welcome!

I was an 80-series guy that started messing around with 5th Gen's and secretly wanted a 100-series. We now have a 200 and I am keeping the 5th Gen, for now lol.

I hear ya on the 5th gen 4R. part of the reason I've waiting so long is how great the 4R is!

Now I need to start the game of listing it exceptionally high to keep buyers at bay for a while yet still meet the Mrs "we don't need 3 suvs" requirement :)

Congratulations! That's a beautiful LC200! I almost got that color, but ended up with the midnight black with terra interior. Mine is a left over 2018 and had 60 miles on it. I also just put the BFG KO2s on it the other day and have the Front Runner drawers coming next week. That's all that I will do for now, as I had built up my Land Rover LR4 too much and I want to keep this one road worthy. You may have seen my photo on another thread, but here is mine:

very nice @finlayforprez ! I drove my T4R yesterday for the first time since getting the LC and I realize what a large contrast actually exists between the two vehicles! Just got my Husky cargo liner and letting it "flatten out" for a day or two. Kids already asking to hit Anza Borrego...yeesh dunno about pinstriping just yet :)

very nice @finlayforprez ! I drove my T4R yesterday for the first time since getting the LC and I realize what a large contrast actually exists between the two vehicles! Just got my Husky cargo liner and letting it "flatten out" for a day or two. Kids already asking to hit Anza Borrego...yeesh dunno about pinstriping just yet :)

Same here, I have been driving the 4Runner the past few days now and it’s a stark contrast. That said, I find the 4Runner effortless around town, it’s on the highway where I miss the refinements of the LX. I can’t bring myself to sell the 4Runner though so it’s gonna stick around and I’ll continue to build and mod it.

Congrats! Looks great. And that's a smart start on the mods....tires and some mats. Keep the new mats that came with the truck in those first two rows and wear them out a bit, then do the upgrade to Weathertech or another option in a year or two. Good luck with the new ride!

Same here, I have been driving the 4Runner the past few days now and it’s a stark contrast. That said, I find the 4Runner effortless around town, it’s on the highway where I miss the refinements of the LX. I can’t bring myself to sell the 4Runner though so it’s gonna stick around and I’ll continue to build and mod it.

I have similar feelings about my LC200 and my FJ Cruiser. My FJ Cruiser fitted with King suspension is really "effortless around town," like you said, but my kids like the LC200 more. And so I've been keeping both and loving them both.

The one bid difference is, at the present time, the LC200 has been draining my wallet more urgently.

I have actually never driven a T4R, but I just took my modified Land Rover LR4 out on an errand and it felt so different compared with the LC. It's VERY evident on the highway how great the LC is as far as ride quality. Comfort wise, the seats in the LC are SO much nicer than on the LR4. I also have a 2018 Land Rover (new) Discovery and I hate the seats, but I don't drive it much. I know what you mean about pinstriping, I got my 2013 Land Rover LR4 new and then that week did an off-road trip and got it scratched up. Woops! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom