My '97 LX 450 Buildup...Comments/Suggestions Welcome! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good...I like that trail. We'll see how it all works out on the Slee 6" lift...

Chris

Man you work fast!! ;) Nice video.

Thanks...I've received some requests to speed up the wrenching and slow down the critical parts, so I'll try that today.

Chris

Thanks...I've received some requests to speed up the wrenching and slow down the critical parts, so I'll try that today.

Chris

Yeah, I saw that on the other thread. I agree with the part replacement needing slowing down but the wrenching was not annoying to me.

A longer version is rendering now...It will be uploaded later today to youtube.

I'm in need of a complete 5.29 gear set for front and rear plus the master install kits. Anyone have any recommendations on where to get it? I've got a local shop here in Boone that's willing to let me video and take pictures of the entire process. Should be interesting...

Chris

Wait till you see the second video I made...everyone's going to want to watch it, because it's a very hard mod to do without a step by step video like the one I just put together. :) Stay tuned!

Chris

A longer version is rendering now...It will be uploaded later today to youtube.

I'm in need of a complete 5.29 gear set for front and rear plus the master install kits. Anyone have any recommendations on where to get it? I've got a local shop here in Boone that's willing to let me video and take pictures of the entire process. Should be interesting...

Chris

I bought my 5.29's from JT's (ringpinion.biz) and they have been extremely quiet since break-in.

I had a local Toyota master tech install them as a side job...very happy.

Have you talked to Aaron at HCORE 4x4? Very good dude right off of 421.

(828) 268 0009. Aaron
Tell him Kyle sent you.:beer:

Oh, and you are right near a good wheeling spot in Mtn City TN.

Called Callelente(sp?) Ck out NC4x4.com those guys go there all the time.

Actually Aarons shop is right on the way there, too.

Nope, calling him now. Thanks for the recommendation...

Chris

I've heard of Mtn City, just haven't been yet. Will get there soon, once it's built.

Chris

Yeah, but I'm wanting to do a tire carrier off of one side, so I just pulled them completely. :)

Chris

LOL...yeah, I'm thinking about doing the same, but trying to fit a 37" tall tire instead of the 35". But, I'm also considering mounting it outside on the rear bumper. I haven't decided yet...

Chris

Way to get into it. Im betting your going to be thrilled when you hit the trails coming from a 3rd gen 4runner.

Check in w/ the ONSC and TN-stlca groups for some local cruiserheads and trail reports.
X2 on aaron's work as well, you may want to contact UNBREAKABLE to see if hes still around granite falls.

keep us posted on the work.

Way to get into it. Im betting your going to be thrilled when you hit the trails coming from a 3rd gen 4runner.

Check in w/ the ONSC and TN-stlca groups for some local cruiserheads and trail reports.
X2 on aaron's work as well, you may want to contact UNBREAKABLE to see if hes still around granite falls.

keep us posted on the work.

He is. Justin is a good dude too. :beer:

(828) 446 6749

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom