My 97 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know if ARB has Trademark on Bull bar, but all others like, Westin, WAAG, Smittybilt, Outlander are a brand for Grill Guards and Tail Light Guards. As everybody is stating, it is pure aesthetic purpose NOT a serious protection driven item, maybe protection from brushes and thin tree branches, that's about it.
If you are serious off roader and wants maximum protection, there are some heavy duty ones available to purchase from JTM, ARB, WARN, SOR, Slee, and highly recommended as members states.
My LC belonged to a older gentlemen who was retired but needed a mid size SUV to cruise to cabin and mall. I heard this LC was his forth one.

Whilst on thei ssubject.. has anyone cut off the light protection portion of a WAAG bar? I was thinking of keeping the heavy front protection of the Bull and losing the WAAG...

Not only did you turn us on to boddingtons but now this?!!!
I actrually dont see why it would be a bad idea for the corners but you will still have the issue of it folding down on the hood if you hit anything taller than you. would probably need to fill some tube holes but as I recall you are not afraid of welding indestructo sockets so this should be easy.
Dave

My father-in-law used to love those brush guards, he owned a body shop here in deer country. Many customers continued to believe they would've had more damage without the brush guard that folded back on their hood and fenders from a light hit. He smiled and sold them a new one.

Jim,
Yeah but ya gotta love the view form outside my office. I just love that white stuff...
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom