For Sale My '78 FJ40 and it's future (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I posted this in the wrong place..
This is my FJ40..I think it's time to go to a new owner...It's my fifth cruiser..bought my first on in 1970..four cylinder..bench seats..three on the column..Bought it from a retired Navy Chief..he brought it from Japan...I've had cruisers since then..
I bought a new one in '75 in Nashville..it met a sad end though..
This one is a keeper...'78 full aluminum tub..Linux over and under..aluminum fenders..Linux under..
Downey system...tuned headers...full stainless exhaust...Mean Green alternator..wench and more..
Original 2F...runs strong...I've had it for fifteen years...Amsoil and Royal Purple for years..lately Mobile One...
Never off road or mudding...
I'm in my seventh year and as much as I would hate to see it go I think it's time for a new owner...
New shoulder and back problems so I know when it's time...
The bike has to go too...'06 Softail Nightrain...modified...
If you guys know anyone who wants to give it a home..I'm here..windsail..Navy '69-'75...

cruiser chopper.JPG

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0795.JPG

DSCF0016.JPG

Last edited:
Central WV....Price?....I know how much it's worth but I just want someone who wants it..or both..to make me an honest offer...It's here to see or drive...You can call me at 304.651.5269....Most anytime...windsail...

This is my FJ40..I think it's time to go to a new owner...It's my fifth cruiser..bought my first on in 1970..four cylinder..bench seats..three on the column..Bought it from a retired Navy Chief..he brought it from Japan...I've had cruisers since then..
This one is a keeper...'78 full aluminum tub..Linux over and under..aluminum fenders..Linux under..
Downey system...tuned headers...full stainless exhaust...Mean Green alternator..wench and more..
Original 2F...runs strong...I've had it for fifteen years...Amsoil and Royal Purple for years..lately Mobile One...
I'm in my seventh year and as much as I would hate to see it go I think it's time for a new owner...
If you guys know anyone who wants to give it a home..I'm here..windsail..Navy '99-'75...

View attachment 1932999

View attachment 1933000

View attachment 1933005

View attachment 1933008
Nice my
If you guys know anyone who wants to give it a home..I'm here..windsail..Navy '99-'75...

View attachment 1932999

View attachment 1933000

View attachment 1933005

View attachment 1933008
Nice rig! Do you fly for Columbia? I worked a lot of fire under their birds. You didn't mention a price..

No...didn't fly for them...They were logging close by and I stopped to look at the chopper..Just thought it would make a nice pic...
I'm in central WV..lot of logging here...
I see you're in Maine...I lived in Newburyport Mass for several years in the eighties..Skied Maine..NH and Vermont a lot..

Price?....I'm just looking for a honest offer ...I know what it's worth but just want it to go to someone who appreciates the cruiser history...I would like to sell them both together if I could...

I'm at 304.651.5269 if you wanna talk about it...thanks...windsail...

Paint has quite a bumpy texture & finish, almost a stucco look eh?
Tell us what you think it’s worth..

The paint is a product called "Grizzly Grip"...It's an epoxy base with ground rubber..Very tough stuff..

Price?......Just want to take honest offers...It's easy to see online how much a really good one goes for..

I would like to sell the cruiser and bike together if I could but also know how unlikely that would be....

Thanks...windsail...

Sorry...didn't know that...

I would consider 35K for both if that helps..

The bike is worth 10K with the mods it has and the cruiser should bring something in the 25K range....

It could be worth more with some additional work that I have not gotten around to...

......windsail.....

FYI if you are serious about really trying to sell the fj40, you will need to post a bunch of more pics for the buyers. pics of all interior-floor panels, seats & roof, dash panel, pics of undercarriage, engine etc basically everything. No one can truly evaluate condition & value of your rig with the few pics provided Honestly. You will get A much better response from anyone interested if you do. You post the pics I suggest and I will tell you what it’s worth. I have no use for your rig, but for your own knowledge. Hope that helps. Happy cruising.

FYI if you are serious about really trying to sell the fj40, you will need to post a bunch of more pics for the buyers. pics of all interior-floor panels, seats & roof, dash panel, pics of undercarriage, engine etc basically everything. No one can truly evaluate condition & value of your rig with the few pics provided Honestly. You will get A much better response from anyone interested if you do. You post the pics I suggest and I will tell you what it’s worth. I have no use for your rig, but for your own knowledge. Hope that helps. Happy cruising.
Ok...Thanks for the info.....I will get around to cleaning it up and post pics as soon as I can.....windsail...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom