Builds My 200 Series: Built the long way (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool. Where'd you get that from?? I'd love that for my '16 LC.
It's the trd pro shift knob from the 4runner. Quick screw in

Added on the Tyger roof rack. View attachment 2037345

I'll be posting up my pics shortly on our trip to hidden falls adventure park. Met with a fellow mudder and a GXOR TX member as well.

@aznxfactor How has that Tyger roof rack been treating you? I'm looking to add the same rack to my 80 series and thought I'd see how it's been treating you. Thanks.

@aznxfactor How has that Tyger roof rack been treating you? I'm looking to add the same rack to my 80 series and thought I'd see how it's been treating you. Thanks.
The rack was great. Very sturdy and easy to install. I put a canopy on top heading to south padre island which I will post shortly.

Took a family vacation to south padre island from Austin tx for a week. We stayed at a Airbnb but for a couple days of staying on the beach we drove out several miles to enjoy the view with privacy. It was a extended family vacation so we took both my 200 and tundra. Both vehicles performed amazingly although I must say that I'm quite impressed with the tundra. It stayed with the 200 the whole time and with sand, putting everything in the bed of the tundra was an easier cleaning option. Was a blast as it was my first day camping trip (no overnight stays as we didnt have a tent yet) with many more to come.
One thing I did notice was that with the canopy on top, my transmission kept jumping gears between 4th and 7th at 80-85 mph and was a stretch to get eco mode and 8th gear. However when I drove home I purposely put that canopy in the tundra bed and wow I was in 8th gear and eco mode the whole trip home. So from Austin to south padre island I pumped the gas full and empty twice while on the ride home on a full tank I made it past San Antonio before pumping gas the 2nd time (stopped at buccees.) The only explanation would be the canopy caused wind drag.
20190818_090212.jpg

20190813_122040.jpg
20190813_122056.jpg
20190813_115539.jpg
20190813_115533.jpg

Look what came in the mail today. About to pair it up with my doug thorley headers.
Screenshot_20200811-160231_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200811-160226_Gallery.jpg

Ok so I'm no expert but I installed it myself. Before I go into details how the results are, if you want to do it yourself here are some tips that I learned:
1. Wear goggles. I dropped a wrench on my eye and cut it. Luckily it wasn't bleeding bad but damn.
2. The rubber hangers are a pain in the ass to get out use a flat head and go at an angle and circulate it out.
3. When installing, install the tail pipe first and then the main. I learned the hard way and had to take out the muffler. Man was I pissed... oh well.

Man. Let me tell you, I'm so glad I did it because I love it. It sounds amazing and I'm happy I was able to get dirty deeds to make one for me. I bought two sets when dirty deeds had a group buy a couple months back. One for the tundra and one for my lc200. Keith knew what to do. I dont remember exactly but they were basically using the pipe configuration of a fj cruiser mixed with the tundra to make the exhaust possible.

I'm so glad I did it as video shows that the sound is significantly better. I'll know more tomorrow when I drive it because I spent too much wasted time installing it. Got scars to remember it by too on my right eye lid.

Now I already installed DT short headers and I actually started noticing that when the cruiser changes gears when I put more juice on it, the gears hit harder. I feel a lot of torque changing gears. Just curious on how this would work in conjunction with the exhaust.

I also already have a aFe dry filter and will probably add a cold air intake as my next mod.

Here are some pics:
This just gives you an idea of difference between the two.
Screenshot_20200812-003406_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200812-003417_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200812-003422_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200812-003434_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200812-003441_Gallery.jpg

Had to screen shot everything as these post won't take the original picture.

Here is the link to the sound clip. You won't be disappointed. ;)

I'll drive if tomorrow morning to get a feel and see if there is any drone. Keith said there shouldn't be and from the sounds from reving it up, I believe so. Wanted to drive it last night but took so much time and it was late as I had to put my daughter to bed.

As you can tell my back shirt got really dirty... haha.

I'll drive if tomorrow morning to get a feel and see if there is any drone. Keith said there shouldn't be and from the sounds from reving it up, I believe so. Wanted to drive it last night but took so much time and it was late as I had to put my daughter to bed.

Nice! If you get a chance also take a video of you taking off from a standstill. Having it under load should give off a different sound compared to just revving in Park/Neutral.

Sounds great! What size muffler did you go with? I have the DirtyDeeds exhaust with the 22" muffler on it's way now. Excited to get it installed. However, it'll be hooked up to the stock manifold to remain CARB compliant here in Cali.

Sounds great! What size muffler did you go with? I have the DirtyDeeds exhaust with the 22" muffler on it's way now. Excited to get it installed. However, it'll be hooked up to the stock manifold to remain CARB compliant here in Cali.

Yeah mine is still hooked up to the carb. So I have doug thorley headers, stock manifold, and the dirty deeds exhaust. No lights on.

Drove it more today. It's feels good just cruising in a big ass Toyota land cruiser and it sounding like it should: a big ass land cruiser.

Will post my video soon of all the other driving.

Picked up some new upgrades. Didn't think I'd go all ARB but I'm kinda getting there. Haha.

Arb skids
Arb flood lights
Warn vr12

Screenshot_20210604-213047_Gallery.jpg

Picked up some new upgrades. Didn't think I'd go all ARB but I'm kinda getting there. Haha.

Arb skids
Arb flood lights
Warn vr12

View attachment 2694788

Where did you source your ARB skids from? I’ve been waiting on mine for going on 6 weeks.

Where did you source your ARB skids from? I’ve been waiting on mine for going on 6 weeks.
I got it from mbenzgram.com. It was on back order too as the order date was March 17th.

I also purchased ARB upper controls arms but was on back order as well.

Aznxfactor, Can I ask what size springs you ordered with your FCP kit? 2" front and rear, also did you get rear springs for constant load?

Just curious, what do the extra pipes on the exhaust do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom