My 1993 Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I received my new to me Cruiser a few weeks ago and I've been slowly going through it identifying any issues with it. The first issue I need to tackle is the oil leak from the oil pan. It looks like the main leak is from the upper oil pan. I used the search function and I've looked at the FSM, and from understanding it's a formed in place gasket - is that correct? My oil light also comes on intermittently a few minutes after start up and then goes off when I go around a curve so I will probably replace the oil level sensor at the same time. Eventually, I'll work up the courage to tack the small leak on the gasket of the oil pump.

I should mention, the extent of my mechanical experience is being able to identify a socket wrench from a screwdriver.
LC.jpg
Leak.jpg

Welcome to MUD and the FJ80. With the FSM along with the information and experience here, most wrenching projects aren’t too bad, although from what I’ve read, the oil pan can be a pain to deal with. The gasket material can be cork for the 3FE, but some people use a form in place.

This thread deals with your question.

If you haven’t found Wits’ End yet, they have a ton of parts and great customer service.

Here is a thread about replacing the oil pan gasket.

Last edited:
I should mention I have the 1FZ. I read the last thread and it has me a bit apprehensive about tackling this as my first big project. I also purchased the Toyota FIPG and the Snap Ups that were mentioned in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom