My 1984 Carreta (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Knuckle.JPG

Arms.JPG

image3.JPG

image5.JPG

image6.JPG

Knuckle.JPG
Arms.JPG
image3.JPG
image5.JPG
image6.JPG
I little info about me:
I'm 40 years old commercial pilot and like many of you, I'm a TOYOTA fan. I've owned only toyota cars

1982 FJ40 SOLD
1992 FJ70 SOLD
1998 TACOMA SOLD (IN USA
1998 HILUX
1992 SR5 V6 PICK UP SOLD
2007 RZJ90 PRADO Daily Driver
2012 FORTUNER Wife DD
1984 FJ40 in process

I've reading, watching, learning, etc in this forum. I bought a 1984 FJ40 in south america. I'm not performing a purist frame off restoration; I'm just changing, repairing , modifying and recovering from many years of mistreatment and bad maintenance.

The last two days I rebuilt the knuckles, Changed the springs with 4 in HFS and also changed the pins and shackles. I'm learning many things in this process (I'm not like many of the fellow mudders that have plenty of experience.

My next project is swapping the original manual steering with the saginaw.

I'm having so much fun in this process and I'll keep posting and informing you of the changes and upgrades

I forgot to mention that I installed new DBA rotors, TLC callipers, u bolt flip kit, bilstein shocks and new AISIN hubs. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do. Thank for all the support I've had here

Very nice...how do you like the Bilstein shocks, ride softer or stiffer now?

Nice job !, are you located in the US ?

:cheers:

Thanks for the support that I've received here.

Very nice...how do you like the Bilstein shocks, ride softer or stiffer now?

Sadly I haven't driven it yet. I still have to install the saginaw conversion among other things and next I won't be able to work on it.

Looks like you've made some good decisions on new parts. Bravo !

Thanks Bear.

I replaced almost every bolt for new ones. I'm not planning to build a shiny rig, I just want it be a fun and reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom