MUSHROOMS, What do you do with them??

I was looking up something about different mushrooms, and came across this galette
I'm thinking that I'm relating this right.

I have always liked mushrooms, but I'm the only one in the family. So my ideas are limited.
I have put them in soups and my youngest likes them as a side with his steak, thankyou very much.
How do you guys utilize them?

I slice crimini mushrooms and then dehydrate them. Once they are completely dry I run them through a grinder to make a powder. The powder can be used on anything that benefits from the mushroom flavor omelets, steaks, soups, whatever. People that “don’t like mushrooms” will rave over the flavor.

spressomon

glutton

One simple way we like to cook Shiitake or Cremini or King Oyster mushrooms: Slice about 3/8" thick, medium-hot CI/CS skillet, a little butter or EVO, sear the sliced mushrooms on each side until medium brown (single layer in the skillet so not to steam-fry them). When the 2nd side has seared pour about 1/4C of good dry sherry (Note: I do this outside as it makes a mess I don't want to clean up inside the kitchen/house :D). If you're doing this over a flame be sure to have a fire extinguisher handy...seriously! Then continue to sauté until all the sherry has evaporated. Off the heat and salt & pepper to taste.

We use the above as appetizers and also added last in a green salad with oil & vinegar dressing.

Another favorite use for any/all mushrooms: In a soufflé'.

Another favorite use: Make duxelles and use for ravioli stuffing...with a, you guessed it, mushroom cream sauce!

Mushroom & barley soup.

Funghi pizza (this will be getting made tomorrow with a 5-day old cold ferment Neapolitan style dough that's been waiting for me).

Fresh foraged wild morels (blond of course...): My Mom used to fix them this way after we brought 'em home from foraging in the spring: A light 50/50 flour/cornmeal mixture and sautéed in butter. One of these years I'm going to go back to the midwest in mid-spring JUST for morel foraging!

Top Bottom