Multiple cylinder misfire help! (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,
I recently started getting a multiple cylinder misfire code on my 97 FZJ80. I went ahead and changed my spark plugs and there was no change. The plug wires are new. I can't find any vacuum leaks. And now I'm getting misfire codes for cylinder 2,5 and 6. I also have a code on for my 02 sensor 1 bank 1. Has anyone had issues like this before? Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Screenshot_20200322-125820.png

Last edited:
wow.. i didn't explain my problem at all.... sorry.... I do have a misfire and the brake pedal is rock hard until the RPMS are in the 2000-3000 (that was a bit scary). Since the misfire started at the same time as the brakes giving out. I had thought i had a bad brake booster and replaced it. I've checked all my vaccuum lines and can't find any cracks they are all looking clean. I changed Plugs, cap and rotor. Wires are new NGK (15k Miles) PO previously changed injectors to bosch 4 hole injectors. PO also fixed the wiring harness that runs under the EGR (May still be a problem depending on how good the work was but wanted a second opinion). Is there some other type of valve i'm missing? or is my misfire just so bad that i'm not getting enough vaccum to the booster? I'm stumped and having a hard time seeing how these two issues are connected....

With several misfires I'd suspect loom damage near the EGR. I know you said the PO handled but i'd check.

I can't connect the booster/brake issue with the misfire, could be coincidence or someone with more knowledge can chime in.

I think, given the nature of this and what you've done the only next logical step is grounds and harness. If someones been in the harness, I'd take a look at all the grounds and make sure they are buttoned up nice.

One thing most Japanese made vehicles love is their grounds. I have had a lot of spooky stuff when one was loose. They were all usually my fault though. Didn't have to come behind anyone else.

Becoming grateful that my cruiser is a virgin.

Sorry for the long response here... i hadn't had time to work on the cruiser until today.. i got my hands on a compression tester and cylinder 6 had 0 compression on the test every other cylinder had compression... i'm thinking burnt valve or something... going to take it to a shop on monday and have them do a leak down test and fix whatever needs to be done.. i don't have time to pull the heads so hopefully it isn't too costly :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom