Mulling selling my 78 BJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a Cruiser I've had since.. 2004. I think it was the second Cruiser I owned, out of a sequence of eight in total. So selling it officially would end my tenure as a CruiserHead (well in ownership terms anyway). This particular 40 has unfortunately spent a lot of its life sitting. I drove it when I lived in Alberta but cine moving to BC, its basically followed me from place to place sitting in storage. The motor was last fired up in 2018 when it was used to remove a stubborn fence post :) It almost made it to Cruiser Days in 2007 but dumb me had the top off and was wearing shorts on a really cold day on the Connector so I turned around half an hour into it.

I've been mulling this for years but I feel like it's time to move on from it and find a home where it can be loved and cared for. I did almost sell it back in 2005 but thankfully changed my mind and held onto it. I sower I'd never make that same mistake again, lol

Anyway, would I regret it? I think I'm finally beyond that point. I was overly attached to my 81 before selling it, but it went to a GREAT home and it brings me so much joy whenever I see their photos of it in all kinds of places with bikes, etc on the back of it.

I sold the 81 when I picked up a Sprinter and since then have jumped into the #vanlife direction. While the Sprinter was definitely no Land Cruiser offroad, I'm found it a fun to build up cargo vans and then take them places that a cargo van has no business being. :)

Also, no this is not a for sale post, but if you know of a great potential home for it, I'm open to suggestions here or DMs.

Good luck with the "not for sale" sale. My 1981 wasn't for sale for the longest time either while I mulled.

gb

Problem is, when are you going to find another one? They are getting harder to come by these days, so if you can hang onto it with some cheap storage, that would be best, because life has chapters and maybe the next one will see that 78 back on the road. :beer:

Problem is, when are you going to find another one? They are getting harder to come by these days, so if you can hang onto it with some cheap storage, that would be best, because life has chapters and maybe the next one will see that 78 back on the road. :beer:

This has definitely been on my mind. The problem is I've been saying "this is the year" for 7 years now. At some point I feel like I need to be honest with myself and also give it an opportunity to be used.

I went through the same process when I sold my 81. It was almost as a rare (5 speed with lockers) and was the "dream" truck that I had finally found after years of searching. It felt ridiculous to let it go after all that searching. But what I did was sold it to someone local with the "handshake agreement" that if they ever decided to sell they would come to me first. That made me feel a lot better about letting it go. But there hasn't been any time in the past 4 years where I would have taken the opportunity to get it back. I do feel like the 81 chapter has closed for me.

Would the 40 be the same? Probably, but who knows.

I'm leaning towards selling it, but going to wait until we're in a better place where people from BC could travel to look/buy.

Daryl

Alright, I've decided that I'll be selling it. Still no idea on price or when people might be able to take a look, but let me know if you are interested.

I ended up buying a Del*ca! While this means the end of being a Cruiserhead, I'll still be a diesel bigot and also continue to own a thing that has a "4L" (which my 4x4 Sprinter never had)

It's also a huge relef that I wont have to change my username. lol

Alright, I've decided that I'll be selling it. Still no idea on price or when people might be able to take a look, but let me know if you are interested.

I ended up buying a Del*ca! While this means the end of being a Cruiserhead, I'll still be a diesel bigot and also continue to own a thing that has a "4L" (which my 4x4 Sprinter never had)

Interesting i have owned other cars but , I would die before selling any of my Cruisers ,some of which were passed down to me. I have 6 and wouldn't mind another, if i were able to buy it it will be with me until I die ,probably enshrined with me like the ancient Egyptians waiting for me in the next life haha.

I would be interested in some pictures. Jmckie@telus.net

I N T E R V E N T I O N ! ! !

Asking 17,500.

More photos here:

IMG_20210410_144032.jpg

IMG_20210410_144047.jpg

IMG_20210530_105131.jpg

IMG_20210410_144125.jpg

Still for sale if anyone is looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back