1978 BJ40 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally time to sell my 40. I figured I should post it here since it's probably only Okanagan area folks that can realistically look at it right now.

It's a stock blue 40 that I've had for 15+ years. The engine is still the original (but getting a bit tired) B motor. The previous owner did some pretty serious work to the tub and its all fairly thick gauge steel. It was re-painted the same blue it originally was but with a bit of metal fleck in it. THere is some rust in the windsheild frame, bottom of doors, bezel/apron. The front fenders were replaced but one of them has a dent in it. There's a quarter-sized hole in the hood as well from where it contacted the battery terminal when it was incorrectly installed.

Mechanically its in decent shape for it's age. I keep saying that I'd replace the B motor when it dies but it just keeps on going.

I'd really love to keep it, but it needs to find a home where it will be used. I kept saying that "this is the year" to work on it and get back on the road, but my interests and hobbies have shifted.

I'll try and get some better more recent photos, its currently blocked by a pile of snow I'm hoping will be gone in a week or two.

Located in Vernon.
Asking $17,500.

Link to more photos:

IMG_20210410_144047.jpg

IMG_20210410_144032.jpg

IMG_20210530_105100.jpg

IMG_20210410_144140.jpg

IMG_20210410_144125.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, it's getting there. Managed to extract it from it's hiding spot to place where I can go through it a bit more. I'll clean it up and get some better photos but for any of those looking for a more current photos here's a couple of teasers. The bottom of the front grill and the windshield frame are probably the worst sports for rust. You can also see a bit on the running boards and the bottom of the doors. (That's just dust/dirt on the hood/fender/roof.)

Firing it up and driving it around definitely instilled some "am I sure I want to sell it?". But I'm pretty focused on camperizing the Delica these days which is also an awesome diesel, so it makes it a bit easier to say goodbye to this one.

IMG_20210403_143335.jpg

IMG_20210403_134247.jpg

Last edited:
Selling that for a Delica ? 😔😓? It’s a sad day in Land Cruiser Land.

Selling that for a Delica ? 😔😓? It’s a sad day in Land Cruiser Land.

Hahah, I knew I'd get some flak for it.

I look at it this way: I had a chance to enjoy it and I ad a lot of fun times in it over the years, it's now someone else's turn. More people to enjoy this one!

Hahah, I knew I'd get some flak for it.

I look at it this way: I had a chance to enjoy it and I ad a lot of fun times in it over the years, it's now someone else's turn. More people to enjoy this one!
Yeah, I'm not long to a reckoning either I'm afraid.

Finally time to sell my 40. I figured I should post it here since it's probably only Okanagan area folks that can realistically look at it right now.

It's a stock blue 40 that I've had for 15+ years. The engine is still the original (but getting a bit tired) B motor. The previous owner did some pretty serious work to the tub and its all fairly thick gauge steel. It was re-painted the same blue it originally was but with a bit of metal fleck in it. THere is some rust in the windsheild frame, bottom of doors, bezel/apron. The front fenders were replaced but one of them has a dent in it. There's a quarter-sized hole in the hood as well from where it contacted the battery terminal when it was incorrectly installed.

Mechanically its in decent shape for it's age. I keep saying that I'd replace the B motor when it dies but it just keeps on going.

I'd really love to keep it, but it needs to find a home where it will be used. I kept saying that "this is the year" to work on it and get back on the road, but my interests and hobbies have shifted.

I'll try and get some better more recent photos, its currently blocked by a pile of snow I'm hoping will be gone in a week or two.

Located in Vernon.
Asking $17,500.

View attachment 2580284
View attachment 2580285
Interested is she still up for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom