MPG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First three tanks:

Tank 1 - 12.5 MPG: 1/2 city, 1/2 Hwy
Tank 2 - 15 MPG: Aggresive Mountain Driving
Tank 3 - 17.5 MPG: Moderate Mountain Driving

It's only getting better. Maybe 2 years from now, I could get 25 MPG (whatever:bang:)

First three tanks:

Tank 1 - 12.5 MPG: 1/2 city, 1/2 Hwy
Tank 2 - 15 MPG: Aggresive Mountain Driving
Tank 3 - 17.5 MPG: Moderate Mountain Driving

It's only getting better. Maybe 2 years from now, I could get 25 MPG (whatever:bang:)

What gas octane are you using ?

Shell or Petro Canada and 87 octane.
This is the reading the truck is giving me, so it may be a little optomistic. I haven't done an analysis from my receipts and odometer.

First tank I got about 380miles in a 260mile run with about 60% freeway, 20% city and 30% up hill mountain winding roads.

I have seen similar numbers...but NEVER 17.5!

I got a bit above 15 when doing alot of driveway driving...but that was it.

I couldn't beleive the 17 mpg either when I first saw it, but it was there for 1/2 a tank of gas.

I have seen similar numbers...but NEVER 17.5!

I got a bit above 15 when doing alot of driveway driving...but that was it.

I think it's the So. CA gas. I get about 16mpg in my LX w/ mostly freeway driving in So going 70mph. CA. In AZ with the same load and 73mph, I get 2mpg better (and the gas pump here says up to 10% ethanol added). The 2mpg difference is persistent regardless of the month of the year and has shown up on every trip I can remember. I use only Chevron 91 in CA/AZ.

Is Chimyz using an "Imperial" gallon or a "US" gallon ...that makes a difference!

Good question...
My assumption is that it would be US Gallon as it is a US spec car.

Hi guys. I have a LC200 TurboDiesel in the Philippines (4.6 liter engine, v8), and it gets the equivalent of 23mpg. I drove it to the beach together with my Ford Expedition XLT. It consumed HALF the gas.

Went back to the stock Dunlops on BBS TRD Pro wheels (5 pounds lighter per wheel) and I've been getting exactly 18.0 mpg highway driving. Includes mountains and doing 70-75 mostly. And that's with Chevron 91 octane but 10% ethanol (winter) gas. Expecting better with the summer gas (no ethanol). still around 12.5-13.5 city.

In 20 years I never got better than 17mpg in my 2000 Tundra 4x4 with a 4.7 and running in 2wd with stock wheels and tires..

Last edited:
Hi guys. I have a LC200 TurboDiesel in the Philippines (4.6 liter engine, v8), and it gets the equivalent of 23mpg. I drove it to the beach together with my Ford Expedition XLT. It consumed HALF the gas.

I think most of us in the U.S. wish we had the diesel option, I know I do. I covet the range.

I always get better mileage traveling hills. It seems counter-intuitive. The reason: you achieve complete fuel cutoff when coasting with your foot off the gas and RPM's > 1,100. Don't feather the gas on the downhill, come completely off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom