Mounting Sand Ladders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use a couple of half sections of PSP or Marsden mat for the floor of my roof rack. I have only had to use them once as a winch anchor when I got stuck in an extended stretch of mud. Otherwise, they are a little on the heavy side.

plus I was in a designated wilderness area whre ANY collection of plant life is highly illegal. /quote]

hmmm.... when I go to a designated wilderness to put out fires, the Forest Supervisor/king big Gmnt dog has to okay ANY motor use, from chainsaw to helicopter. How do you get to drive in a wilderness?

Just curious... :confused:

how about bolting them to some small square tubing then have it on a hinge on the roof rack near the front. that way there flat on the roof when your just cruisering around town, then when you have a bunch of gear on the roof and need the rack it can hinge at an angle so that way it will let the air flow over your gear like a air foil. kinda like those yakama plexi glass parts people attach to there roofs when they have racks on so there rack is a little bit more aerodynamic

Thanks for all the (friendly?) advice guys, Its obvious that there are very few situations where they would be of any real help, but I have a nice pair and if I ever do decide to take them "with" I`ll want to stow them sensibly :)

Those fiberglass ones` that Scott mentioned are quite interesting, Ive seen some seriously wild approach angles made easy with their help.

I guess I could always get some of these...

http://www.sandmats.com/

Hmm..I`d buy them, but they just dont look cool enough :flipoff2:

Peace!

Those fiberglass ones` that Scott mentioned are quite interesting, Ive seen some seriously wild approach angles made easy with their help.

Peace!

see thats why i mentioned bridging ladders,,,,, hey man i bought a pair many moons ago also so i know where your comming from, but then i realized i could have just bought a winch and been light years ahead of the ladders. carried them around for nearly 3 yrs and only used'em once. not knockin you dude dont get offended. how bout mounting them underneath the rig to dbl as full length skid plates, they'll get more use that way:flipoff2:

I like the mats :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom