"Most Miles" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK cool. Owner said timing belt, must've been the serpentine belt. Honestly I haven't done much research on the 5.7

I got a 2008 bought in 2012 with 70k has 140k now. Had something hiccup on the emissions but is fixed now 2600.00 later.
Mostly driven by wife and i just bought her a gas sipper and told her to stop driving it and save some miles for me.

That is a very common problem, especially on the Tundra, which was sold in vastly greater numbers and uses the same system. There is a TSB for the Tundra and Sequoia… I would ask Toyota to pay for all or part of that.

Yep. I checked and they refused on the LC. Had a lot of luck with TOYOTA can't really complain. A couple 100,000 miles on various LC and usually it is just starter, alternators and batteries. I spoke with Beno at length about it. It happened right before christmas.

Where were you Dec 23?
Sorry :( I am a 100 owner and don't always keep up on the 200 forums. I am aspiring to be a 200 owner, which is why i lurk here. lol I try to help spread knowledge where I can. Sorry I didn't get to you in time. I only knew about this problem as it does impact the last 2 years of the 100s as well.

Air injection should be covered by the emissions 8 year 80k mile warranty. Are most of these failures happening after this number of years and miles?

Air injection should be covered by the emissions 8 year 80k mile warranty. Are most of these failures happening after this number of years and miles?
I could be wrong, but the ones that I have noticed on the 100s seem to be after 90k miles and thus out of the warranty. Unless of course an extended warranty is in place.

So this is just me rambling / venting, but it seems like so many of problems and failures with newer cars in general is all around the emissions systems. EGRs, EGR coolers, DPF, air pumps, one of the now 9000 O2 sensors. Is this because they don't have these extra emissions items in the rest of the world and therefore aren't tested or developed as much???? Just an extra way to make money in the service industry?

Wonder at what mileage the air pumps are going tits up? Any other owners have air pump problems out of warranty? Just wondering if this is a common problem and since this is a most miles thread on the 200 that doesn't have over 7 years of build time this would be the group of owners who could shed light on this subject. Don't know if the Tundra would be a good comparison since its a different vehicle (based on location of pump and air intakes/design could have much different failure rate) and the 200 series engine is built in Japan where the Tundra is built in USA. Anyone?

'08 with 85k. 25k of those mine and no issues other than the wobbly mirrors fixed with the "kit". Really thought I'd miss my 100 but don't at all other than the memories of some fantastic trips, and that I didn't mind banging up body panels on it.

Mind if I ask what kit? My driver side mirror is a tad wobbly.

Mind if I ask what kit? My driver side mirror is a tad wobbly.

I think they all are! Can't find the TSB, but contact Beno here on the board and he'll set you up. It's cheap... around $35 if I remember right. You get 3 replacement screws for each side, and new cover panels since you'll trash yours when you take them off.

I think they all are! Can't find the TSB, but contact Beno here on the board and he'll set you up. It's cheap... around $35 if I remember right. You get 3 replacement screws for each side, and new cover panels since you'll trash yours when you take them off.

SB-0017-11
It's two separate part numbers as the covers are specific to LH/RH sides.
Just did the fix. It's super easy. Didn't even break the cover panels so I was pissed that I ordered the "kits" as they are nothing but new bolts (same as old bolts) with flat AND lock washers. Really about $2 worth of parts from the hardware store will get this done.

Sent from my extremely unreliable mobile device using IH8MUD Forum

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428354234.716859.jpg

Sent from my extremely unreliable mobile device using IH8MUD Forum

Joining at 100k. Not all mine on this one.

Drivers seat is stiff and heater is broken. I will rebuild.
Doors are noisy. I will replace all door seals for that classic "thud".
What wrong with the "AUX" input? It will not switch to AUX. New radio? Iphone adapter, both? What to do.
The suspension is stiff lighly bumpy and un refined. I hardly can tell the change between "comfort" and "sport". much different to my previous 3 LXes. It seems the dampers are worn. They work though, no errors and car goes up and down. I doubt an extended warranty would have covered it but the dampers are much less to buy online. Need to check with dealer and decide who to give the job to.

Oh and yes, wobbly mirrors, 2 of them. This ride had all the problems. Don't tell me these don't break. Even if it is only wearing, not "failing" (a difference in warranty language, right?) things still need replacing for proper performance. On to another 100k hopefully 5 years before the seat is worn again I am ready for another one or maybe, better yet, another rebuild. Let see how the next 50k goes. How much for a 5.7 made in Japan?

Joining at 100k. Not all mine on this one.

Drivers seat is stiff and heater is broken. I will rebuild.
Doors are noisy. I will replace all door seals for that classic "thud".
What wrong with the "AUX" input? It will not switch to AUX. New radio? Iphone adapter, both? What to do.
The suspension is stiff lighly bumpy and un refined. I hardly can tell the change between "comfort" and "sport". much different to my previous 3 LXes. It seems the dampers are worn. They work though, no errors and car goes up and down. I doubt an extended warranty would have covered it but the dampers are much less to buy online. Need to check with dealer and decide who to give the job to.

Oh and yes, wobbly mirrors, 2 of them. This ride had all the problems. Don't tell me these don't break. Even if it is only wearing, not "failing" (a difference in warranty language, right?) things still need replacing for proper performance. On to another 100k hopefully 5 years before the seat is worn again I am ready for another one or maybe, better yet, another rebuild. Let see how the next 50k goes. How much for a 5.7 made in Japan?

Has your AHC/AVS fluid been changed? Should be done every 60k miles. Put some silicone on the door seals. Another thread on mirror wobble, pretty cheap and easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom