Most complete timing belt kit / good value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ripping into the UZ for a much needed water pump and Tbelt job.
What kit do you guys like these days? I need everyting. Soup to nuts.
On a 1999 LX470 Do I roll the crank to 80 past DTC? Videos say check the books. I no have no stinking books!
Did pink antifreeze really eat the seal out of this thing and cause the over heat? What should be in a 1999?
Thanks and Mas Coronas to you all!

Look for the OTRAMM videos on the timing job (YouTube). Cruiser Outfitters sells an Aisin kit for the timing job that includes most everything. Search for FSM on this board—there are a few PDFs around and that'll get you to the TDC mark you need. IIRC it varies between MYs.

Don't lose track of the little triangle piece, and the arrows on the belt face the front of the car.

After scouring forums I have on my list for TB/WP - the Aisin kit on Amazon, fan bracket, alternator brushes, +/- starter contacts, cam/crank seals. Haven’t done mine yet so I’m just subbing for more “get it done while you’re in there” items

I just did mine with the Aisin kit, along with an Aisin fan bracket, new serpentine belt (Conti 88.2"), new serpentine idler pulley Toyota 16604-50030 and new serpentine tensioner bearing (Nachi 6202-2RS $7 on Amazon). It is good practice to replace the thermostat and gasket at the same time, but in full transparency I did not. This is also the time to do cam or crank oil seals if leaking, but again I did not. Otramm videos are great (take notes), and you can find an electronic FSM online fairly easily. I believe 1999 uses the red long life coolant, and not the later pink super long life coolant as the factory fill. I replaced about 3 gallons with the timing belt service, but also did heater tees at the same time. Make sure you have a crank pulley tool or an air gun for the damper bolt, a 3/8" swivel, and if you are anything like me a magnet on a stick will be needed at least once.

Links to fsm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom