More Technical Trails? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I just joined the forum recently and I promise to be nice! My wife and I have been looking in the Southern Oregon area, trying to find some 4x4 trails that are more technical than the basic (and thankfully abundant) forest service roads.

I've found McGrew and I will keep that in my pocket until I figure out how to get a permit.

I've heard of "Power Line" road, but I'm not able to find it - it seems to be a secret! Can anyone share the location of Power Line road, just PM me if it's supposed to be under wraps.

Are there any other local areas to play around in?

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

Cheers,
Mike

What area are you in? GP, Medford, Ashland, CJ?

We have some guys in that area that may be familiar with what you are talking about. Let's see if they chime in.

Thanks Toy350,

I just came across this:

Looks like I should check out Sardine Creek too.

Cheers
Mike

Most everything that is immediately local is fire road. The johns peak/kanes creek/galls creek area used to be my stomping ground. Mostly blocked now due to moto, logging and bureaucratic bs.
Sardine is primarily fire roads, and logging intrusion is up there too. That particular trail shown is fun. It runs over to pleasant creek. You wont likely find it/complete it without a guide. Its not on left fork. And its pretty shytty if its wet. That "crack" is not terribly passable wet.
Elderberry flats is another good and pretty vast area to wheel. Alot of varying trails out there.

SDC11852.JPG

SDC11862.JPG

Not necessarily local, and not necessarily technical, but there is always the OBCDR. Criss-crossing all over Oregon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom