Events/Trails Monday is the Meeting!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
Due to the fact Mike's is going to be closed on Tuesdays now we moved our meeting to Monday! Email has been sent and no phone calls as mine brokeat Overland Expo West and I should have it back on Friday...yes a week from now. Please let your fellow Beach n Toys members know of the change!!!

👍 but I didn't get any emails... 🤔

Mike's BBQ in Escondido

Most arrive between 5-6PM for beer and food in the bar, then adjourn to the meeting room around 6:30 for the meeting proper (where some also eat). Around 7:30 we move to the parking lot to oggle one another's trucks.

Straight to owners box...football game.

Hey! Mikes was closed last night. Heh. I went there because I didn't see this thread. Oh well, went to the Burger Bench and watched the BoSox kill the Yankees.

So it will be first monday of every month for now on?

Yeah... Mondays now. Send me an email to Beachntoys@gmail.com and will get you on the email chain

clearly no Fly Fisherman in the group. San Diego Fly Fisherman meets the first monday of the month. Will try and make a meeting when I can. wish you all the best.

clearly no Fly Fisherman in the group. San Diego Fly Fisherman meets the first monday of the month. Will try and make a meeting when I can. wish you all the best.
So where do you fly fish in SD? I know a guy who's into surf fly fishing here, and I haven't tried that. Mainly I like stream fly fishing (not really into lakes like Crowley), and the nearest place I've liked is Monache Meadows (above Kennedy Meadows) after that it's up 395 a ways. Tried backpacking into Big Bear creek downstream from the dam some years ago, but it was pretty slim pickings even with a 3wt rod.

So where do you fly fish in SD? I know a guy who's into surf fly fishing here, and I haven't tried that. Mainly I like stream fly fishing (not really into lakes like Crowley), and the nearest place I've liked is Monache Meadows (above Kennedy Meadows) after that it's up 395 a ways. Tried backpacking into Big Bear creek downstream from the dam some years ago, but it was pretty slim pickings even with a 3wt rod.
Most of my fly fishing is outside san diego. Cascabel on the San Miguel river out telluride two weeks ago, the month prior Shoshone River out of yellowstone and cranston river Wyoming. Attached is the San Diego fly fishers news letter that will give you some ideas. Similar to Beach n toys, the club is very welcoming if you want to check them out. The new letter has upcoming trips to the flats in San Diego bay, cuyamaca amongst other spot for fly fishing. Just FYI love my tenkara rod for backpacking. If you haven't tried one, I highly recommend it. Did high sierra trail and Kern river last summer with good success.

Cheers

Attachments

• 2021_10_Finfacts.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
Most of my fly fishing is outside san diego. Cascabel on the San Miguel river out telluride two weeks ago, the month prior Shoshone River out of yellowstone and cranston river Wyoming. Attached is the San Diego fly fishers news letter that will give you some ideas. Similar to Beach n toys, the club is very welcoming if you want to check them out. The new letter has upcoming trips to the flats in San Diego bay, cuyamaca amongst other spot for fly fishing. Just FYI love my tenkara rod for backpacking. If you haven't tried one, I highly recommend it. Did high sierra trail and Kern river last summer with good success.

Cheers
I like the tenkara as well, picked one up to cut down on weight for packing. Used it up in Monache meadows with some success, but killed it with the old favorite panther martins in the exact same location. Have been practicing a bit in the local areas and am successful for bluegill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom