Mombasa Adventure II rtt finally mounted. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

POTATO LAUNCHER

TLCA #6928
Threads
Finally had nice enough weather to get my project done. The trailer has evolved over about 15 years and will be along with my 73'40. GVW is about 500# loaded. Special thanks to Jaque at TRD-PARTS-4-U, excellent quality and pricing was fair as well. I highly recommend this tent to anyone. Now my kids can't wait to go camping.:clap:
Tent trailer 018.jpg
Tent trailer 021.jpg

do want details on the trailer!

Sirenmoses, the trailer has evolved over the years from a 12' motorcycle trailer to what you see here. Has traveled most of its life without any suspension over the sanddunes of West Texas to the SantaFe national forest several times. It now has 4" of lift thanks to free boat trailer leafsprings salvaged from a wreck. I removed two leafs and flipped the early style ford front axle. It hasn't died yet and was free as well. The wooden box replaced the turtle luggage carrier a few years back. The front part holds fire wood and the back is for everything else you need for back country camping. The size of the box was dictated by the size of FJ40 soft doors. They fit inside while driving and can be accessed during sudden mountain downpours. Fenders are Tractor Supply universals. Current frame height 24" and hitch to axle is 90". Thanks for your interest in my project. Who knows what will happen in the next few years.
trailer 001.jpg
trailer 002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom