Molle system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im surprised you haven’t done this already @Markuson

Ya, it’s not a big priority because I already have a lot of ready access points. But one of these days, I’ll come up with something.

Ideally it would sit recessed within the window indent so it doesn’t interfere with tall or large cargo items occasionally in back. Also, I have led lighting recessed on the window sill in the hatch, so avoiding an interruption there is a thing.

Going to meet up with the Rago crew this week. I'll try to get some pics up if they show me what they come up with or send me back with a prototype. Will ask what they think of a rear hatch molle system while I'm there as well.

Not a lot of good mounting points in the 200 so two holes had to be drilled in the plastic. The mounting point at the top needs a part ordered because it's the special Toyota fastener, not a threaded nut. Marc o is going to order the hardware tomorrow and ship it to me when it gets in. But here's what they came up with.
IMG_5907.jpg

Oh, @Markuson I asked about a hatch window system and they've been thinking about that too. The owner has been trying to figure it out for his 4Runner but they're really worried about weight being too much and it bringing the hatch down (on people's heads). Valid concern. Aluminum might be an answer or upgraded struts, but I'm not a mechanical engineer so I didn't press the issue (and they've probably already thought of that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom