Modified Kaymar Rear Bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

another
rear corner.jpg
airone.JPG
airtwo.JPG

That is BAD ASS, Luke does killer work, as does Hanna. I really like the clean lines of the 4x4Labs one, but I really dig the side protection of the Hanna.

Nice rig!

Hey Exiled, don't you have any pics of your junk on the trail?
:flipoff2:

Oh yeah, "Exiled" ...now I get it...
:D

Hmmm, so I wonder what Calfj60's excuse is....

I gotta bug ole Ex by telling him how disapointed I am in seeing a Venezuela license plate on a GASSER! Man that rig should be a turbo diesel if its going to be from down south!

HZJ60 Guy said:
I gotta bug ole Ex by telling him how disapointed I am in seeing a Venezuela license plate on a GASSER! Man that rig should be a turbo diesel if its going to be from down south!

Venezuela never had *ANY* diesels, petrol all the way from 1957 to today.

Exiled said:
Venezuela never had *ANY* diesels, petrol all the way from 1957 to today.

Really? Man that is sta-range. I wonder why?

Pismo Jim,

You know my story I think and if you don't I am not going to cluterr this thread with negativity.....I WILL be at Pismo this year and I WILL be in my truck....even if I have to push it.....It won't be done but then again are they ever... :)

Okay I vote the 4X4 Labs, that bumper is pure sweet design.

Not your typical square tube knock off.

And it looks to have tailights built into each corner???

Rob

pismojim said:
Hey Exiled, don't you have any pics of your junk on the trail?

Oh yeah, "Exiled" ...now I get it...
:D

Hmmm, so I wonder what Calfj60's excuse is....

Not in the last three years. All the ones I have are old. Don't expect any anytime soon, either, unless it's at Katemcy, I'm 8 hours drive from the nearest state border! Some of us don't have the good fortune of living in a wheeling state.... :(

HZJ60 Guy said:
Really? Man that is sta-range. I wonder why?

Two reasons:

1. Cheapest gasoline in the western Hemisphere
2. Government-owned and determined gasoline distribution network

Between the two, they negated basically every economy-related advantage of diesel fuel.

Radd Cruisers said:
Okay I vote the 4X4 Labs, that bumper is pure sweet design.

Not your typical square tube knock off.

And it looks to have tailights built into each corner???

Rob

No tail lights on my 4x4labs bumper. It does have tabs welded near each pivot for back up lights, antenna, etc. I have a few more pictures posted here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/2mbb@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=698f

On that 4x4 labs bumper, which spindle did they use. I know they sell three different ones, a light duty, medium and heavy.

Exiled said:
Two reasons:

1. Cheapest gasoline in the western Hemisphere
2. Government-owned and determined gasoline distribution network

Between the two, they negated basically every economy-related advantage of diesel fuel.

Ah, you sir have forgotten about that all important and sexy six letter word.

T O R Q U E!!! :doh:

Radd Cruisers said:
I still likey, is there a reciever in that bumper?

How was the radius made, tube then welded or formed??

Coool

Yes. There is a 2" receiver that ties into a piece 2" square tube that replaces the stock crossmember. It's very stout. Below is a picture from underneath.

The radius is formed. It's one piece of plate that's bent into a vee shape with the radius.
rear bumper 07 small.JPG

Last edited:
Reedo311 said:
On that 4x4 labs bumper, which spindle did they use. I know they sell three different ones, a light duty, medium and heavy.

I'm pretty sure it's the heavy duty one--at least that's what I asked for.

Nice design.

Our first bumper built we also opted to remove the rear cross memeber and tuck the bumper in a couple more inches, mostyly due to extensive corrosion.

Rob

calfj60 said:
Pismo Jim,
You know my story I think and if you don't I am not going to cluterr this thread with negativity.....I WILL be at Pismo this year and I WILL be in my truck....even if I have to push it.....It won't be done but then again are they ever... :)
Excellent!
You think you could push it through Texas and kidnap our other favorite wagon brother? :D

BTW, if the rest of you like looking at bumpers, the way I know you do, come to Surf N Turf. I can assure just about every bumper mentioned here will be available for your personal inspection. ;)

Come to think of it, I believe Luke's 4x4 lab ad in the TT is a Surf N Turf shot. :)

:cheers:

2mbb said:
Yes. There is a 2" receiver that ties into a piece 2" square tube that replaces the stock crossmember. It's very stout. Below is a picture from underneath.

The radius is formed. It's one piece of plate that's bent into a vee shape with the radius.

I'd love to see some more photos of the side protection/mounting of this bumper. How is it tied into the frame? What gauge steel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom