Modified Kaymar Rear Bumper?

Reedo311

SILVER Star
 
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
97
Location
Salt Lake City, UT
Has anyone built a swing out tire and high-lift carrier for a kaymar rear bumper? I know that they make a special one designed for it but $400 seems a little steep and I don't like the design very much. I noticed that there are hole on both sides of the bumper for a spindle. What would you use for a spindle and also a latch. If any one has done anything like this please post pics. Thanks.
 

HZJ60 Guy

Tank Buster
Joined
Sep 11, 2003
Messages
2,356
Location
Seattle area
Ole Ex shure has one trick rig doesnt he.

Here is the rear end of my truck. Kaymar isnt available anymore for the 60 series anyway! I got one of the last ones. What bumper IS that anyway Ex?

Sorry for stealing your color. :doh:

Tom

 

Exiled

 
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Messages
1,944
Location
Round Rock, TX
HZJ60 Guy said:
Ole Ex shure has one trick rig doesnt he.

Here is the rear end of my truck. Kaymar isnt available anymore for the 60 series anyway! I got one of the last ones. What bumper IS that anyway Ex?

Sorry for stealing your color. :doh:

Tom

No problem, bro, they won't be the same color for long, few more weeks tops! :)
 

HZJ60 Guy

Tank Buster
Joined
Sep 11, 2003
Messages
2,356
Location
Seattle area
Oh that's right. You're in that BIG state that takes fornever to cross. 125 degrees one day, 30 degrees the next.

Oh brother. My borther lived at Ft. Hood for some time.
 

VTCruiser

 
 
Joined
Sep 12, 2003
Messages
3,475
Location
Tacoma, WA
Exiled said:
Yeah, I agree, I've never been a big fan of the Kaymar. Good quality, just not very good looking.

what bumper is that exiled? 4-plus?

i liked the ladder/tire 4-plus bumper from maf but i guess it is being "redesigned"...
 
Joined
Nov 21, 2004
Messages
144
Location
wishing I was in Briland
VTCruiser said:
what bumper is that exiled? 4-plus?

i liked the ladder/tire 4-plus bumper from maf but i guess it is being "redesigned"...
Looks to me like cal and ex both have customs--that's the way I'm going to go...once I have the welder....and the skills. :cheers:
 

calfj60

 
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
1,939
Location
A balanced city
Mine is second generation custom...firts one failed so I redesigned it...much ahppier and I cut the ladder off when I sold my roof rack...

Exiled is an older version that he bought from Dave Gore/ 4plus guy...
 

Exiled

 
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Messages
1,944
Location
Round Rock, TX
Mine's a prototype for the 4+ stuff, from before there was even a production model available. I incorporated some features that fit my already modified Cruiser, and I've added to it. It's been on there about 6 years now, love the way it turned out. Mine's THIRD generation on there, I had a couple of pretty cheesy bumpers on there to begin with, sort of learning experiences.
 

Radd Cruisers

 
 
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2002
Messages
8,044
Location
Vancouver Island BC Canada
Henry, have any more pics, is it square tube?

I built a 60 series bumper last week for a guy, looked alot like the Kaymar, but much lighter construction. Not sure it would take rock bashing as it was 3/16 wall, we recessed the hooks into the bumper, bit of work but worth it IMO.

We also ran the reciever through the tube like the Kaymar, nothing hangin low on it at all.

Rob
 

pismojim

the Dude abides...
 
Joined
Oct 18, 2002
Messages
1,071
Location
Pismo Beach
HZJ60 Guy said:
Can you guys vector us to where those bumpers are available now???Tom
Not really a production item, but Ken Hanna, HannaQuality Motorsports, is building some very nice bumpers. Checkout his 80 Series bumpers for the latest in tire and fuel carriers. I'm sure the "attachments" can be added to his 60 Series bumpers. This is an early version with side bars (no quarter panel trimming required), the owner didn't want a tire or can carrier. Simple, great departure angle.

More pics HERE


80 Series: (Up swept dimple died triple can holder :cool: )
 

Exiled

 
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Messages
1,944
Location
Round Rock, TX
Radd Cruisers said:
Henry, have any more pics, is it square tube?

I built a 60 series bumper last week for a guy, looked alot like the Kaymar, but much lighter construction. Not sure it would take rock bashing as it was 3/16 wall, we recessed the hooks into the bumper, bit of work but worth it IMO.

We also ran the reciever through the tube like the Kaymar, nothing hangin low on it at all.

Rob

Below are some more pictures.
latch1.JPG
add on.jpg
rockerangle small.jpg
 
Top Bottom