Mobile Phone Headsets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am searching for a mobile phone headset that I can wear while I drive, while sitting at a desk, and while walking in fabrication shops.
Android (Motorola) platform only (No Apple)

I need heavy noise cancellation because my LC seems to have a lot of wind noise and tire noise that every mic I have used picks up readily. Fab shops are LOUD.

In an ideal world, I would also use it for music so I can cut out outside noise for me. I like the ear buds, but am not opposed to complete over-the ear use.

I do use it when wearing a hard hat.

I have used the Jabra Steel, but the earpiece volume is not loud enough for me to hear. Even though it's an in-ear, it doesn't fit tight enough to hear and the volume doesn't go loud enough. The mic picks up some road noise, but not terrible. It does not cancel out wind noise or the loud noise in a fab shop or on a job site.

I have also used the LG HBS-780 and I love it for music, but the mic picks up EVERYTHING. They also damage easily. I have gone through 5 sets of these because the earbud wire breaks so it ends up as a mono.

I have used the Plantronics Voyager (an older model) and the in-earpiece was always being an issue, especially when hot and sweaty, it would fall out.

I have had recent folks tell me about truck drivers using the Blue Parrot units, but they are mono and will not give me the stereo I am looking for.

I am even considering buying multiple. One for driving, one for in-shop, one for home office.

What headsets are you using, pros and cons?

I will dig into research and comparison on any offered!

I don't like sticking things in my ears, so ear buds are a no-no for me. I had a Blue Parrot. It worked great and was comfortable, although 'bulky'. Functioned fine on my various Android phones. It finally died a few years back and I never replaced it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom