MOAB October 1-14, 2017!! CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aussie's have been alerted.......(don't know what good it did)

aussie.jpg

Guess ya had ta been there Mate!!!

20151010_154720.jpg

fjcrawler The Man on top of the Mountain didn't just fall there!

20150928_120608.jpg

In case you're interested in following along @joez

Talked about it at the meeting ----Its gonna happen!!! Oh you weren't at the Meeting ---I'm Sorry:moon:

FB_IMG_1446018721743.jpg

:lol:

Let's see: I'll be there for a week in October then again at the first week of December...

Desert who-doo lands are way different with snow and cold.

Straight out of Abbey @HENDOG

You and your dumb trips and dumb pictures of your dumb trips. :flipoff2:

Smitty

Jealousy, will get you nowhere! Make it happen! You can do it! Hey, how do we get up there????

IMG_20140803_090522_046.jpg

With work and other things going lately on I have not had time to keep up but this trip is always in the back of my mind. Moab 2015 taught me a lot about wheeling out west and I cant wait for Part II

Anyway, just a few of my favorites from last year and everyone of them has a story.

20151004_222859.jpg

20151012_145308.jpg

20151014_105713.jpg

12313779_10208126590865511_662983364914453651_n.jpg

20151012_193440.jpg

Let's start our list Ted!

High on my list:
Area BFE for sure!
Metal Masher
Poison Spider
Golden Spike
Gold Bar Rim
Rusty Nail
21Rd and Billings Canyon in Colorado
Coyote Canyon (near BFE but gated and reservations required 60 days in advance)
-http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/recreation/motorized_routes/coyote_canyon.html

Maybe / Possibilities / for debate:
Pritchett Canyon again?... even though we said "never again"
Cliff Hanger
Moab Rim
Behind The Rocks again
The Pickle (and nearby trails)
Steel Bender again
Killer Kane
Kane Creek Canyon
Flat Iron Mesa
Top of the World again

Maybe bring some smaller tires to put on for street use and do some more scenic trails a couple of days? I may be able to convince a local buddy to loan me a set or two of 35's & 37's from some of his dual-purpose rigs.

Last edited:
Let's start our list Ted!

High on my list:
Area BFE for sure! - Hell Yes!
Poison Spider
Golden Spike
Gold Bar Rim
Rusty Nail
21Rd and Billings Canyon in Colorado
Pritchett Canyon again
Cliff Hanger
Top of the World again

Maybe / Possibilities / for debate:
?... even though we said "never again"
Moab Rim
Behind The Rocks again
The Pickle (and nearby trails)
Steel Bender again
Killer Kane
Kane Creek Canyon
Flat Iron Mesa
Metal Masher

Maybe bring some smaller tires to put on for street use and do some more scenic trails a couple of days? I may be able to convince a local buddy to loan me a set or two of 35's & 37's from some of his dual-purpose rigs.

made a couple edits to start. ^^

still kicking myself for not doing more in BFE as well as Poison Spider but we just ran out of time. Don't really care if we do Sand Flats and Hells Revenge again. Done it once and it was cool but not sure if I'd dedicate the time over the trails we failed to hit. the others in the Maybe cat3gory I'll have to read up on.

21 Road - what can you say, it was AWESOME. Was probably the most technical and overall difficult trail we did but it took up a lot of time and resources for a 1.5 mile long trail, not the mention the round trip back to camp was brutal at 39 miles of gravel and black top through the outskirts of Fruita 9:00 at night. :steer::steer:

Pritchett - Yeah I'd do it again but would love to have 4-5 rigs to really hit it the way I'd like to. We were very cautious given that it was just the 2 of us and the fact that my truck was not in good shape and my confidence had been shaken the week prior did not help.

Damn I miss that place. Now you're getting me excited!

21 Road - - remember this spot? And the hard spot(s) you cant see in the pic.
20151014_140601.jpg

20151009_181641.jpg

We did a lot of this at 35 MPH (felt more like 80) on the way back from BFE
20151009_183819.jpg

Last edited:
I added Coyote Canyon from last year's list. Did some research and found out it's gated and requires reservations 30-60 days in advance. Free and easy to get though, and looks awesome. It's right at the edge of BFE. I think we probably passed the gate on Strike Ravine at some point.

I'm all in for 21Rd again, with the same idea to shoot for Billing's Canyon. Although maybe we can do Billing's first so as to ensure we get to do it. I'd hate to miss 21Rd, but not as bad as how I felt for missing Billing's last time.

Looks like I'm gonna have a bigger trailer this round too. I'll be able to transport at least three, probably four rigs now. Should be a lot quicker to strap down too since this one should be more like the flatbed I had in Memphis; an actual semi trailer.

so found this video last night of 21 road. the guy is kind of a goober and they obviously take different lines but its a fair representation of the overall trail. Remember, video does no justice and they bailed out of the creek bed at times bypassing some of the bigger obstacles.

We need to start honing in on a date so we can [hopefully] book our same lodging.

We need to start honing in on a date so we can [hopefully] book our same lodging.

Yeah but to do that we need to hear from those whom are going. I assume it will be close to the original crowd plus a few more to include @DSLTOY, @radioridge, @HENDOG, @htburnett and @FJCRAWLER.

sorry if I left anyone out. Per our last discussion at GSMTR early October seemed to the target date.

I know SCC is a priority for some and looking at the calendar it looks like 9/23-10/7 might be the most logical 2 week period.

Last edited:
I'm planning for this trip. Count me in. Is it reasonable to plan to make a conservative trip there? I mean whereas I'd likely drive out and back, so will need to play it safe enough to make sure I have a way home. Can a Jeep tag along? My brother may be interested in going in his Rubykon.

I'm planning for this trip. Count me in. Is it reasonable to plan to make a conservative trip there? I mean whereas I'd likely drive out and back, so will need to play it safe enough to make sure I have a way home. Can a Jeep tag along? My brother may be interested in going in his Rubykon.

All are welcomed. Conservative works well but you must plan for the possibilities breakage so spare parts are a must. Obviously you'd be sticking to some of the "milder" trails so carnage is less likely than for some (ugh-hum, clearing throat). That said, you'll be amazed at what a stockish truck can do out there, in fact Jason's 4Runner went up Hells revenge.

Yo have a year to prep and gather parts but trust me the time flies by if you don't start now you'll be scrambling

So where and when is the pre-trip shakedown run going to happen?

The closest equivalent thing we have around here is Stone Mountain, think you can get us a pass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom