Mishap at Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For some reason, I cannot see the video, but if it is on Hell's revenge then it has been discussed that the engine stalled which lead to loss of brake assist. Brakes were mashed to the floor and e-brake was pulled but burned through it. Both vehicles made the climb after the wreck. Note: only relaying info I have read on GXOR, I was not there.

Right. Just saying, it looks very heavy.
A lot of weight, extra load drivetrain, potential stall situation driving up the gate. Just a possibility.
Either way, could have been a lot worse. Glad no one was seriously injured.
Definitely looks heavy. Any ideas on what could lead to a failure like this? The failure itself seems uncommon to my knowledge.

There’s a total brake failure poll/discussion on the 100 forums

There’s a total brake failure poll/discussion on the 100 forums
I’m pretty tuned in to the 100 brake failure phenomenon because I drive a lx470. That issue doesn’t seem to present with concomitant stalling if memory serves.

I can’t believe he kept that thing on all 4 wheels.....

Shove trans into park will be ugly but will stop the truck.

That’s a scary fail. Did they figure out the root cause of the loss of power?

Seems like a well maintained and serviced gx470. Can that happen to anyone on a 120 going up a steep hill?

I thought that the BMC in our trucks was electric assist and wasn't dependent on the engine vacuum. If I'm not wrong how could his brakes have just gone out like that since they would still assist even when the engine died?

I thought that the BMC in our trucks was electric assist and wasn't dependent on the engine vacuum. If I'm not wrong how could his brakes have just gone out like that since they would still assist even when the engine died?

Exactly. Thats one of the main advantages of having an electrically actuated master. The brake system can still fail and it may have in this case but not because the engine stalled.

Exactly. Thats one of the main advantages of having an electrically actuated master. The brake system can still fail and it may have in this case but not because the engine stalled.

Thought so but either way thats a scary thing to happen and he handled it really well. The outcome could have been much worse

Damn! You can tell that just from watching the video? I'm gonna have to get you to buy my next used car for me. lol

Not from watching the video, but by looking at the upgrades on that rig. Most people who have money to build up their rigs like that with a nice rear bumper, roof rack, lift, tires, etc. will not skimp on maintenance. At least, that’s what I’ve observed.

Not from watching the video, but by looking at the upgrades on that rig. Most people who have money to build up their rigs like that with a nice rear bumper, roof rack, lift, tires, etc. will not skimp on maintenance. At least, that’s what I’ve observed.

Ok, sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom