Mini PS vs FJ40 OEM PS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4 years later and this thread is up again...

This is a really helpful thread... lots of good info here as i am looking to do a Mini truck PS conversion on a 1977 FJ40 (its has a BJ40 engine) using the Land Cruiser power steering housing and swap out the guts as indicated by Poser above. Keeping it stock is my goal so this is a good way to go.

I have searched Mud up and down and only have found this thread on the FJ40 power steering housing swap... are there other threads showing this conversion that you found useful????

It appears the housing and gasket kit are still available from Toyota... Pricey
Housing Sub-Assembly Po - Toyota (44107-26030) - $414

Gasket Kit - Toyota (04445-35040) - $117

Last edited:
4 years later and this thread is up again...

This is a really helpful thread... lots of good info here as i am looking to do a Mini truck PS conversion on a 1977 FJ40 (its has a BJ40 engine) using the Land Cruiser power steering housing and swap out the guts as indicated by Poser above. Keeping it stock is my goal so this is a good way to go.

I have searched Mud up and down and only have found this thread on the FJ40 power steering housing swap... are there other threads showing this conversion that you found useful????

It appears the housing and gasket kit are still available from Toyota... Pricey
Housing Sub-Assembly Po - Toyota (44107-26030) - $414

Gasket Kit - Toyota (04445-35040) - $117
And still going. Trying to find someone to rebuild mine with the mini truck guts now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom