Method Bead Grip wheels- Tire Installation headaches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TLC2013

SILVER Star
Threads
Hoping the minds of mud can provide some insight, install tips and assistance.
I am having Yokohama G003’s installed on method bead grip wheels but due to the raised lip of the bead grip design the tire installer is having nothing but issues trying to install and get the bead to seat.
I reached out to method and they advised that Japanese tires like Yokohama’s have a tighter tolerance then other manufactures which can be a challenge if not nearly impossible to install on their bead grip wheels.

I have researched a bit online and YouTube and have seen good luck using a ratchet strap around the circumference of the tire to put downward pressure on the tire to assist with getting the bead to seat as the tire is inflated.

Any other tips. Another tool I have seen is using lighter fluid and a match but I don’t think this will be a viable option for a corporate tire installer to attempt lol.

@gnob @clrussell good advise, got off the phone with the tire shop and their more experienced tech made quick work of the install. As you mentioned, lots and lots of lube and 80+ psi did the trick. Appreciate the helpful tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom