Metaltech Slider Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those of you with Metaltech sliders, could you tell me how big the gap is between the bar and the rocker panel? Is the gap wide enough for small kids shoes to slip through?

Thanks in advance!

Yes it is wide enough for a shoe to get stuck in there, kid or adult.

I bought the Outpost Off Road sliders from MetalTech. (I think MT also sells their own design of slider, so my experience may be different if you actually mean the MT sliders.) 20150126_075116.jpg I have less than 1/2" between the mounting bars and the pinch weld.

Looking down by rear door I have about 2.5" of space a little foot could slip in. Hasn't happened to my kids, though. 1997 with Metaltech sliders.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1441980572.868982.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1441980585.759893.jpg

One more
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1441980660.177401.jpg

I bought the Outpost Off Road sliders from MetalTech. (I think MT also sells their own design of slider, so my experience may be different if you actually mean the MT sliders.) I have less than 1/2" between the mounting bars and the pinch weld.

These are the ones I have, good catch, the OPOR ones that Metal Tech makes or sells. They are fantastic and have been tested by me plenty at Uwharrie and nearby mountains. Very little gap, I mounted them up high too, to max the clearance to rocks. And my youngest kid wears a size 15 shoe so...

Thanks for the responses guys.

80ways: Do you think you could snap a pic from the rear of the slider looking towards the front? I'm trying to determine the positioning of the main rail/kickout/body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom