Mechanic needed in SF bay area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! I'm in need of a mechanic to diagnose my FJ in the San Francisco to San Jose area. My engine light just came on. Also just got my oil changed but the light flickers on and off... could be the sensor? My rig is straight stock and have 157k miles on it. Thanks in advance everyone!

A+ Japanese Auto Repair in San Carlos is probably your closest shop. I have no direct experience but the boys there apparently know their stuff and come recommended by others here on a MUD.

Toy Shop on Geary in SF and Mudrak in Sonoma of course

Ha. Good luck getting toy shop to answer the phone. I always had to drive up and make an appt.
that said, Wayland worked On my Element for 10 years and my wife's highlander when we lived in the city. He's honest, did good work. Cant vouch for his LC abilities.

Tony At TMS automotive in Oakland on international is ok. He owns an lx470. He looked at my 80 before I bought it, at least knew what he was looking at, but told me my timing chain cover was leaking...yet to be proved wrong, but seems like the most expensive diagnosis for an oil leak (didn't think it was dizzy, oil pump or crank seal). I didn't believe him.

Will be taking mine to Gary Mudrak again soon.
Valley Hybrids is the other option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom