May Trail Ride--Medano Pass, Saturday May 18th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Our scheduled trail ride is Medano Pass. Today's update on the website shows "open to 4th crossing" (from the west side) which I presume means the entirety of Medano Pass Primitive Road is not yet open. I'll call on Thursday/Friday to verify.

So, if we assume that the road will not be open on Saturday, we need a back-up/alternative. I nominate Phantom Canyon Road from Highway 50 (between Canon City and Penrose). Post up if you have another good idea.

I just called the Park office (4pm) and they said the road is not open "all the way", and said in fact that it will LIKELY BE CLOSED COMPLETELY THIS WEEKEND due to precipitation happening right now (rain and snow when I spoke to them on the phone, said the canyon "is flooding").

So, let's choose something else, or postpone a week or two!

Unfortunately, I have to work on Saturday--it's the last best day so far as weather goes. I've got to bail out if we do something this weekend.

dont think its gonna be open til near the end of june this year i bet... once the trail is clear the water will be too high for them to open it and they will have to wait til after peak of flow

Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom