May Long CC trip May 18-21?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Apr 29, 2010
Threads
92
Messages
5,498
Location
Langley BC
I know it was talking about briefly at the meeting but is there any consensus on a location or plan?

I was thinking about heading to the Alvord Desert but with only having 3 days (I cant take any extras) its a long haul for one day there. Would rather spend a week down there exploring when I can.

Alvord Desert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not interested at all in Hail as I know it will be a gong show.

I have never been to Churn Creek areas so really do not know what there is to do there, is it a nice camp area (lake/river?). Areas to explore, roads/trails? Would like to say I'm down for some harder trails but I really am not prepared for that yet. I have no armour or decent self recovery equipment yet.

Anyway if anything maybe this thread will be a catalysis for some planing.

:cheers:
 
Naches - Rimrock Lake

The Washington State possibility is the Naches area, in particular Rimrock Lake area west of Yakima. It is about the same time to get to Churn Creek We would be going May 17th returning May 22. ( to avoid the huge border line-ups) You could meet us down there.

Washington Trails

BJ74 Naches Reconnaissance Run
 
Anybody that wants to do some deep snow wheeling (dual chains and lockers recomended) and some deep river crossings (feels like truck is floating down stream a bit) doesn't mind a long drive and is not a tool, is welcome to come out with old school off road in the tumbler area on May long.
Cheers,
Deny
 
Tell you what, you bring the solar panel and the grey pupon and we'll have a picnic.:hillbilly:
 
Just for Jeff I posted last years may long picnic areas he can look forward to picnicing this may long. :hillbilly: Oh and to note that anyone wishing to come realise we might be shoveling snow for a day (although we plan on heading in scouting a week before possibly with bobcat to clear the tough area), clearing trees for a section of trail so we can cross the second big river, building a small structure to easily set up tarps for future trips into the area so we have less camp set up/breaking time and can spend more time clearing on the next trip or two, and we probably won't be making the lake this trip due to too much trees to clear and snow. August long hoping to get a boat to the lake but still have a few trips to clear the last 5 km of trail.:hillbilly:

P5191526.webp


P5201553.webp


P5211580.webp
 
I'm a tool so am totally out lol. :p

Looks like a fun trip but I think I would fall far short of the requirements for a trip like that.

I might just lame out and go up towards Lilloett area exploring, maybe head towards big bar/Churn Creek. Not looking for an epic trip with 12 hours a day driving every day. :lol: I only have the weekend to explore with no extra days.
 
Ha ha, no, I doubt any CC is a tool, just some of the lurkers might be :hillbilly: This is the internet afterall. Anyway defenition of tool would be someone who is socially awkward, not respectfull of the environment (either ripping up sensitive areas for fun or just plain littering), drunk all the time and acting like an ass, dissrespectful of others peoples stuff or feelings, a generall dummy, a guy that thinks his s*** is the best and everyone else is newb, guy that has a built up truck but can't wheel to save his life, a dude that brings minimal tools or supplies and relies on others to help him out, dude that has piece of s*** truck and always breaks down,...... you get the point :hillbilly: I could go on forever, but generally find most cruiser folk are non-tools, but there are exceptions :hillbilly:
 
Ha ha, no, I doubt any CC is a tool, just some of the lurkers might be :hillbilly: This is the internet afterall. Anyway defenition of tool would be someone who is socially awkward, not respectfull of the environment (either ripping up sensitive areas for fun or just plain littering), drunk all the time and acting like an ass, dissrespectful of others peoples stuff or feelings, a generall dummy, a guy that thinks his s*** is the best and everyone else is newb, guy that has a built up truck but can't wheel to save his life, a dude that brings minimal tools or supplies and relies on others to help him out, dude that has piece of s*** truck and always breaks down,...... you get the point :hillbilly: I could go on forever, but generally find most cruiser folk are non-tools, but there are exceptions :hillbilly:

Well I do drive a Lexus so...... :grinpimp:

All valid points and description of a tool. Part of the reason I would not go on a trip like you have planed is if I was to go now I would be a tool, Truck is not ready for it, inadaquit recovery gear (no winch), small tool and spare collection (good for minor break down but nothing big like birf or axles). I'm socially awkward but I usually cover it well with self humiliating jokes and long awkward silences. :hillbilly:
 
Jeremy, you've got nothing to worry about, just hook your truck to Deny's and he'll wake you up when you get there ....... you might be upside down ...... but you'll get there.
Deny - why was your front wheel off and a drain pan under the truck?
and what is the deal with the lines going between the 2 trucks in the first pic? tarp support?
 
I broke the front birf when I was all chained up and digging to china in the snow, when I finally hit the trail and something had to snap. Ended up changing that one, but found out later that the other side had snapped too, just was still powering the truck for another half the trail before it let go too (or maybe I just snaped it later)

Yes the lines were us seting up the tarp between the trucks, as we had just got there, started a fire and looked like some dark clouds rolling in and lucky we got the tarp up before the rains hit so we could stay nice and dry siting by the fire that night. I think we got soaked every day of that trip, sometimes from the rain, and mostly from the walking in knee deep snow, but tarps set up with a big fire always made going to sleep nice and dry. Something like this:

P7311979.webp
 
Found out yesterday my 2nd job is coming to an end middle of May so I will not be going on any trips over May long :frown:
 
I'm out, for that weekend.

But, last year went down to the Oregon desert. It's a blast. Beautiful scenery, animals and all the backroads are labelled on "street" GPS. Take lots opf water.
 
Back
Top Bottom