Major Coolant Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

twalker9480

SILVER Star
Threads
Please read this short thread so you can know what's happening Using Up Coolant
Know you know my problem: So last night I got home from work and I heard dipping under my truck, I got underneath and took these pictures... It only took about 15 minutes for it to create these puddles. Coolant seems to be leaking all along the passenger side of the center of the truck. Any thoughts?
IMG_20170111_174124893.jpg
IMG_20170111_173959782.jpg
IMG_20170111_174057449.jpg

IMG_20170111_174004856.jpg

Are you using red coolant?

That looks like tranny fluid to me.....

Have you touched/smelled/fondled the fluid to confirm it is coolant?

Have you touched/smelled/fondled the fluid to confirm it is coolant?
It sure seems like coolant, but if it is ATF then it's a pretty big coincidence that it started leaking right as I started using up coolant...

got it.

I was just taking a break and didnt read your other thread....
But I dont see where the other thread reached a solution so my first step was to ID the fluid. A LC with mutliple issues does happen.
lol- it the internet- you cant offend me:flipoff2:

I was just taking a break and didnt read your other thread....
But I dont see where the other thread reached a solution so my first step was to ID the fluid. A LC with mutliple issues does happen.
lol- it the internet- you cant offend me:flipoff2:
Alright:flipoff2: well it sure tastes like coolant

ahh the sweetness.....I would go with PHH, rear heater lines or maybe throttle body. get to :wrench: 'n so you can :steer:

good luck-:beer:

looks like you have a few different leaks going on there, but the coolant puddle is under your rear heater. check the hard lines there, probably rotten

Most the suggestions in your other thread still apply since there was no resolution posted.

Do you see it traveling along frame or suspension/steering components. This can throw you off the straight above puddle theory.

Oil cooler and rear heater hardlines would be my first guess if your description od center and pass side is accurate ..... but the pic may suggest radiator,,,, nipple at top or otherwise. Remember that fan will redistribute a leak pretty easily.

Pic 2 and 4 show leak at front (crank pulley) and driver side (trans cooler lines) of truck.

Clean it up and get under there and follow it when fresh.

Water pump , thermostat housing area bypass pipe known to crack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom