Mackenzie Trail Trip Report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
They got through ok. I've followed that thread all along. If not for personal stuff I'd have gone up there this fall.
I'm hoping next year. I presume later in the year the better for this trip? I was thinking late spring, but probably way too
boggy for that.

Check out the dude's T-shirt in post #10 last picture.

That trail might be getting alot more use now that Expidition Overland mapped it out and filmed their trip. Not sure how I feel about that... Provides a bit of motivation to do it again before it is too used,/abused, etc.

Maybe next summer.

Yeah, I don't like the idea that they did that. Hema maps aren't cheap either. I mentioned the backroad map books to them awhile back, and I got a rather snobby reply from them. Oh well:clap:

I don't think it will be an issue. It will likely see a bit more traffic but in reality it's damn far away from anywhere (especially the US). Besides, if it gets a bit more traffic, at least we'll spend less time clearing trail and more time wheeling, fishing and enjoying the area. Besides, the Expedition Overland guys chickened out and didn't do the last section of the trail that is the hardest anyways. So at least we'll still have that part we can play in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom