1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M416 or Canadian M101?

Discussion in 'Trailer Tech' started by Roberto, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Roberto

Roberto SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Is there a diff between the two as far as weight or ruggedness or if one is built stronger than the other?

2. cbmontgo

cbmontgo SILVER Star

You can do a search and find a good bit of information on this. The general consenus is that the M101 improved on the M416 design. There are numerous areas where the 101 is more solid. I think the payload is the same, but I'm not sure about the weight differences. The M101 weighs about 750 pounds.

3. exmodlad

exmodlad

Roberto....i got a good idea for your summer hoildays...drive to Sunny BC , buy my CDN m101 trailer, have a look at the BJ42 parts selection i have, buy what you want/need and take your treasure's home.

Best Regards

Gord

4. Roberto

Roberto SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds great, I'm sure I would come back with a weak bank account! I actually have something going on with Koffer now, and looking forward to fixing her up! I appreciate the offer though. There is 2 M416's for sale on Ebay that ends tommorow and is at $700 but his reserve is $1000. But I am content with the CdnM101 I will be purchasing.

5. brownbear

brownbear Mod in Hibernation Moderator

I love my M101 Cnd.

But buy what is priced right and is clean. My M101 was damm near perfect with great tires, I paid 800 canadian. It was in Edmonton.

6. Exiled

Exiled

I have an M416, but I think the M101 is a better trailer, it's certainly an improvement over the older design. Besides, it seems like, for the most part, the Canadian military did not beat the snot out of them like often happened with the M416 and earlier trailers (M100 and MTB).

My M416 was very, very straight when I bought it but I still had to blast 30 years (a lot of layers) of military paint and had to replace all of the hardware.

That said, buy what you find, I wouldn't pass on a great price on an M416 only to buy a $1K M101, they're not *that* different. This holds true even more if you're planning on turning them into an expedition trailer, by the time you're done with all the mods, there won't be much left of the original trailer anyway!