1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M416 Fiberglass topper pic?

Discussion in 'Trailer Tech' started by REZARF, Aug 15, 2006.

1. REZARF

REZARF

Howdy,

I really think I saw this one in here but I have looked for what seems like hours and can't find it.

I was some kind of fiberglass topper fitted to a m416 trailer. Like a truck bed topper. Anyone got the link or info on it.

It was just facinating that is all, I was curious to see it again.

Thanks!

Rezarf <><

2. Walldog

Walldog

3. cbmontgo

cbmontgo SILVER Star

God I hope not. That thing is just plain fugly!

A nice, sealed flat top with hydraulic struts would look sweet on a 416 or 101.

4. REZARF

REZARF

That is the one! I think it is interesting, it makes a lot of sense, you could hard mount things to the inside of the topper and still have room underneath for the gear.

You can even see how it makes a bit of head room at the front for those over 6'.

I don't think it "fits" the military style or look, but from a practical sense, it is probably a good idea. I can't see it costing more than some of the fancy fold out tents either, though it looks to be a bit lighter on space.

Thanks for the link! Not even a vendor name huh? Wierd.

Rezarf <><

5. Walldog

Walldog

How's this....is this better looking now. Or were you referring to the trailer top and not the tow vehicle ;)
    Pardon the hack paint shop pro job. I'm worse than a 2 year old fingerpainting.

rezarf,
    IIRC this is a sleeper top. There's a post or two on either the Yahoo Bantamtrailer group or the M416 group.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  6. cbmontgo

cbmontgo SILVER Star

I love the trailer and tow rig; I was referring to the camper top on that bitch...it just looks very non-fitting. It might look better on a custom aluminum trailer. It's all good though...

7. atavuss

atavuss

the trailer is a post WWll Civilian Bantam T3-C:
    [​IMG]

8. FeilEOD

FeilEOD

Trailer topper ideas

You might be able to use a truck topper from a small step side pickup like a ranger splash or tacoma stepside. I read an article where a guy used a CanBak soft topper for a Taco and modified it to fit his 1/4t bantam trailer. Just a thought

9. atavuss

atavuss

here is a link to the CanBak story and pics:
    http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74784

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">