M416 Fiberglass topper pic? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy,

I really think I saw this one in here but I have looked for what seems like hours and can't find it.

I was some kind of fiberglass topper fitted to a m416 trailer. Like a truck bed topper. Anyone got the link or info on it.

It was just facinating that is all, I was curious to see it again.

Thanks!

Rezarf <><

That is the one! I think it is interesting, it makes a lot of sense, you could hard mount things to the inside of the topper and still have room underneath for the gear.

You can even see how it makes a bit of head room at the front for those over 6'.

I don't think it "fits" the military style or look, but from a practical sense, it is probably a good idea. I can't see it costing more than some of the fancy fold out tents either, though it looks to be a bit lighter on space.

Thanks for the link! Not even a vendor name huh? Wierd.

Rezarf <><

cbmontgo said:
God I hope not. That thing is just plain fugly!

How's this....is this better looking now. Or were you referring to the trailer top and not the tow vehicle ;)
Pardon the hack paint shop pro job. I'm worse than a 2 year old fingerpainting.

rezarf,
IIRC this is a sleeper top. There's a post or two on either the Yahoo Bantamtrailer group or the M416 group.

Last edited:
Walldog said:
How's this....is this better looking now. Or were you referring to the trailer top and not the tow vehicle ;)
Pardon the hack paint shop pro job. I'm worse than a 2 year old fingerpainting.

rezarf,
IIRC this is a sleeper top. There's a post or two on either the Yahoo Bantamtrailer group or the M416 group.

I love the trailer and tow rig; I was referring to the camper top on that bitch...it just looks very non-fitting. It might look better on a custom aluminum trailer. It's all good though...

the trailer is a post WWll Civilian Bantam T3-C:
2929675920056252973suWnPR_ph.jpg

Trailer topper ideas

You might be able to use a truck topper from a small step side pickup like a ranger splash or tacoma stepside. I read an article where a guy used a CanBak soft topper for a Taco and modified it to fit his 1/4t bantam trailer. Just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom