LX600 review by Car Care Nut (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Madtiger

Mini-Doug
Threads

One or two levels of complexity over a URJ200/201. Two air intakes, multiple radiators, etc. No doubt though, this is a functionally superior car dynamically and likely off-road while also being more fuel efficient.
Motortrend Figure 8 says otherwise unfortunately.

on the lc300 the front skid plate has that carbon fiber look ( GFRP ) Glass fiber reinforced polymer, on the lx in this video it looks like normal plastic...
Not sure if this is a US market thing only or it applies to other LX around the world but an interesting observation.

LC300 for comparison

front.jpeg

Interestingly, you can select a bunch of ARB accessories when building your new LX600 on the website. Air compressor, fridge, traction boards. I'd like to know how many LX600 buyers are into that!

The age-old challenge for Lexus is.... who buys the flashy Lexus LX? You get all the flash of a big Lexus grille without the bells and whistles of the Range Rover/Mercedes.

Conversely, some of us want to fly under the radar (less flash) and have a Toyota badge with all the reliability/capability of the Land Cruiser. (I say this as a LX570 owner!)

I like this review over the first one he did. Far more critical than last time. I think he nailed the problems of the 100, 200 and 300 as far as who exactly buys these.

Loved the review. I think he nailed it. And I guess there are a few is us that fit the small niche buyer of the Lx600 that wanted a reliable, overbuilt landcruiser, did not want the Mercedes/bmw/Land Rover gizmos, and had the income to not mind the entry price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom