LX570 vs LC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, new to this forum and have already learned so much, so thank you. I’ve never owned either of these before and have only ever owned a 2013 LR4. I’m looking at a 2010 LC with 150K miles for $25K or a 2011 LX570 with 115K miles for $27K. The Lexus seems to have less wear and tear and both have a clean Carfax. I’m a huge tech guy and really want to install an aftermarket head unit that supports Apple CarPlay but from the looks of it neither of these will support anything from the likes of Crutchfield, etc.

I’m thinking it’s more of a personal preference but I’m curious which one would you go for and why?

Thank you!!

I would get the cleaner newer lower mileage one.

And people mock this, but i mount my phone via AC vent mount. Early summer...no issue with me getting heat stroke.

Pretty sure that the LX570 in that year is compatible with a Grom VLine. Not sure about the TLC.

There are aftermarket HU now, these are around $1000, and can be optioned with carplay.

I should also add that the stock amp failed in my 2009 LX570. Rather than buy a reman or rebuild, I chose to replace with aftermarket amps. It was a bit of a journey, but for around $1000 I have a 12 channel DSP, a new subwoofer properly powered (though still on the low end of what you see in a pounder), and the most important six other channels properly powered (the rest run off the DSP, which is similar to stock at 25W each). Still using the stock HU as source. It sounds entirely transformed as one would expect with a competent tuned aftermarket system.

The LX is easier to replace the amp. The TLC uses a different audio protocol and it is hard to get the line level signals from the HU.

I'm a big tech guy too. I have multiple vehicles from my '09 LX570 having the oldest multi-function display (MFD). For perspective, I have another vehicle with a custom integrated ipad directly in dash, and then the most advanced would be a Tesla. Yet I never feel like the LX (and LC of that vintage) is the most dated. Because I don't use its MFD in that way, and have my cell phone mounted high, right next to the vehicle display. All I need is a BT connection to the vehicle for sound (which is easily added to those year vehicles).

There's advantages to using the cell phone directly. It's always upgraded, with superior control and response to any car interface. The UI is the most comfortable as I use it outside of the vehicle every day. I've toyed with and installed VLINE and others in the past, but the result and usability is always disappointing in some manner, and I return to center which is direct interaction with my cell phone.

1588868868378.png

In regards to other feature differences between the LC and LX. Here's an evolving list. Note that as years progressed, the LC got more standard levels of equipment flowed down from the previous years LX. Yet the LX continues to get more features as it progressed as well. Some of these are minor, but some are significant and define the capability and character of the overall vehicles. Whether those matter to you is subjective, though this should help you better make a decision.

(Copied from here)
LX features:
1) Substantially more sound deadening
2) Powered rear hatch for open/close
3) Soft open rear lower tailgate, with power latching
4) Surround camera system
5) Ventilated/Heated front row
6) Mark Levinson Reference (only other model to get the Reference system is the LS) w/surround
7) Power side view mirrors with auto-fold (I believe later LC's go this)
8) AHC - AVS, lift on demand, auto and multi-step damping, anti-dive/roll/squat, leveling, etc., etc.
9) AHC underbody armor
10) Shorter roof rack (LC has a longer roof rack with 3 supports per side)
11) Steering headlights (AFS)
12) Projector headlights ('16+ LCs got this)
13) Headlight washers
14) Storage in rear seat armrest
15) Power slide rear seats
16) Second row storage on front seatbacks is a panel vs net
17) 14-way adjustable driver seat vs 10-way LC (passenger 12-way vs 8-way)
18) Power stowage for 3rd row seat
19) All windows down by holding remote door open button for 3+ seconds (not sure Toyota's have this?)
20) Substantial Lexus key fob (LC uses same one as corolla)
21) Fade-To-Off interior lighting (I believe LC got this in 2014?)
22) Puddle and side step lights
23) Door sil lighting
24) Interior ambient lighting
25) Additional trunk side light and open tailgate lighting
26) +2hp / +2tq (requires 91 octane, LC is 87 octane)
27) More luxurious interior appointments
28) Ventilated outboard rear seats
29) Four-zone climate concierge
30) LED Headlamp with AHS Sequential Turn
31) LED Cornering Lamp
32) 12.3-inch high-res split-screen display (LC 9")
33) Head-up display
34) All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (LC DRCC for 25mph and up)
35) Steering wheel paddle shifter
36) Door puddle projector lamps
37) Rear door retractable sun shades
38) 2020 gets special trims: "LX570 Sport" to "LC Heritage"
39) Dual screen rear entertainment

Last edited:
I'm a big tech guy too. I have multiple vehicles from my '09 LX570 having the oldest multi-function display (MFD). For perspective, I have another vehicle with a custom integrated ipad directly in dash, and then the most advanced would be a Tesla. Yet I never feel like the LX (and LC of that vintage) is the most dated. Because I don't use its MFD in that way, and have my cell phone mounted high, right next to the vehicle display. All I need is a BT connection to the vehicle for sound (which is easily added to those year vehicles).

There's advantages to using the cell phone directly. It's always upgraded, with superior control and response to any car interface. The UI is the most comfortable as I use it outside of the vehicle every day. I've toyed with and installed VLINE and others in the past, but the result and usability is always disappointing in some manner, and I return to center which is direct interaction with my cell phone.

View attachment 2298516

In regards to other feature differences between the LC and LX. Here's an evolving list. Note that as years progressed, the LC got more standard levels of equipment flowed down from the previous years LX. Yet the LX continues to get more features as it progressed as well. Some of these are minor, but some are significant and define the capability and character of the overall vehicles. Whether those matter to you is subjective, though this should help you better make a decision.

(Copied from here)
LX features:
1) Substantially more sound deadening
2) Powered rear hatch for open/close
3) Soft open rear lower tailgate, with power latching
4) Surround camera system
5) Ventilated/Heated front row
6) Mark Levinson Reference (only other model to get the Reference system is the LS) w/surround
7) Power side view mirrors with auto-fold (I believe later LC's go this)
8) AHC - AVS, lift on demand, auto and multi-step damping, anti-dive/roll/squat, leveling, etc., etc.
9) AHC underbody armor
10) Shorter roof rack (LC has a longer roof rack with 3 supports per side)
11) Steering headlights (AFS)
12) Projector headlights ('16+ LCs got this)
13) Headlight washers
14) Storage in rear seat armrest
15) Power slide rear seats
16) Second row storage on front seatbacks is a panel vs net
17) 14-way adjustable driver seat vs 10-way LC (passenger 12-way vs 8-way)
18) Power stowage for 3rd row seat
19) All windows down by holding remote door open button for 3+ seconds (not sure Toyota's have this?)
20) Substantial Lexus key fob (LC uses same one as corolla)
21) Fade-To-Off interior lighting (I believe LC got this in 2014?)
22) Puddle and side step lights
23) Door sil lighting
24) Interior ambient lighting
25) Additional trunk side light and open tailgate lighting
26) +2hp / +2tq (requires 91 octane, LC is 87 octane)
27) More luxurious interior appointments
That's a nice list! Pretty sure I recall seeing it, #26 cracks me up. Why? Cause 2hp, yet the LX is between a half second and 3s SLOWER 0-60 than the LC. In fact, TFL couldn't get the LX to get to 60 in less than 9 seconds (which seems off) - but all published times show the LC is quicker.

For the OP, def get the LX.

^Not wrong. Advantage - LC.

The LX weighs upwards of 300+lbs more. Has increased running costs due to 91 octane requirements.

^Not wrong. Advantage - LC.

The LX weighs upwards of 300+lbs more. Has increased running costs due to 91 octane requirements.
Dang didn't realize there was such a weight discrepancy. 300lbs of "plush".

Dang didn't realize there was such a weight discrepancy. 300lbs of "plush".

2020 LC (non-HE) vs. Lexus LX 570 (3 rows) = 5815 vs. 6000.

Difference of 185 lbs.

^There's lots of variability in the reported weights. The current LX also has 2 row vs 3 row configurations. I suspect the 6000lb claimed weight is on the lighter end of configurations, and perhaps for the 2-row model. Some publications quote the latest 2020 at 6100lbs. Even 6200lbs.

The reality is that both LC and LX have gained features and correspondingly, weight over the progression of the model years. The 2009 LX570 curb weight was 5,995lbs and I don't believe some of the significant added features in 2020 only added 5 lbs. As evidenced by LC reported curb weight in 2009 as 5690 lbs, which has grown in 2020 to 5815 lbs (+125lbs).

This leads me to suspect that for equivalent 2/3 seat configurations of the LC and LX, that the difference is greater than 185 lbs, and closer to 200- 300lbs, based on curb weight deltas over the model years.

Reactions: HGB
^There's lots of variability in the reported weights. The current LX also has 2 row vs 3 row configurations. I suspect the 6000lb claimed weight is on the lighter end of configurations, and perhaps for the 2-row model. Some publications quote the latest 2020 at 6100lbs. Even 6200lbs.

The reality is that both LC and LX have gained features and correspondingly, weight over the progression of the model years. The 2009 LX570 curb weight was 5,995lbs and I don't believe some of the significant added features in 2020 only added 5 lbs. As evidenced by LC reported curb weight in 2009 as 5690 lbs, which has grown in 2020 to 5815 lbs (+125lbs).

This leads me to suspect that for equivalent 2/3 seat configurations of the LC and LX, that the difference is greater than 185 lbs, and closer to 200- 300lbs, based on curb weight deltas over the model years.

No. The publications that quoted higher than 6000 are wrong per Lexus specs.

This is straight from Lexus and Toyota websites.

Model Year: 2020 USA models.

LC200 HE = 5715.

LC200 non-HE = 5815.

Lexus LX 2 row = 5800.

Lexus LX 3 row = 6000.

Last edited:
^Good sleuthing. I stand corrected for the latest base model year differences.

Don't forget that the LX model does have additional option packages (sport, luxury, Mark Levinson, rear entertainment, etc.) that do add weight. Curb weights are often quoted for the lightest configurations.

Last edited:
So, if we compare 2-row LX to Heritage Edition LC (also with 2 rows), then the difference in “luxury poundage” (sound deadening, thicker windshield, etc) is about 85 lbs.

The difference b/w 3-row LX to non-HE LC is more probably due to motorized 3rd row folding mechanism in LX In addition to the 85-lbs luxury poundage.

Last edited:
Yes, though that's just scratching the differences on the latest model years. The latest LX's get a dollop of more plush (weight). Including:

28) Ventilated outboard rear seats
29) Four-zone climate concierge
30) LED Headlamp with AHS Sequential Turn
31) LED Cornering Lamp
32) 12.3-inch high-res split-screen display (LC 9")
33) Head-up display
34) All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (LC DRCC for 25mph and up)
35) Steering wheel paddle shifter
36) Door puddle projector lamps
37) Rear door retractable sun shades
38) 2020 gets special trims: "LX570 Sport" to "LC Heritage"
39) Dual screen rear entertainment

Last edited:
I don’t know about all that...sounds great to have! But i can tell you that i have not seen better headlights than the one on the LC200 (2016+). It is just fantastic....kinda too bright....kinda feel bad for oncoming drivers. LOL

Really, the ONLY thing that i wish my LC has that LX has in spades.........is real ***king wood trim! That’s an embarrassment. The rest i am find with. The LC is plenty luxurious and JBL is pretty darn good.

#24 interior ambient lighting: nice feature. Recently picked up a LS430 & really like/prefer this feature. Has a nice feel to it.

LS430 also has steering and projector headlights; very nice upgrade. Although LS430 has very wide beams maybe like 180 degrees which probably helps.

I think the LX came with 18 & 20 inch wheels? Can LC and LX fit same size tires without mods?

#24 interior ambient lighting: nice feature. Recently picked up a LS430 & really like/prefer this feature. Has a nice feel to it.

LS430 also has steering and projector headlights; very nice upgrade. Although LS430 has very wide beams maybe like 180 degrees which probably helps.

I think the LX came with 18 & 20 inch wheels? Can LC and LX fit same size tires without mods?
The LX can fit a taller tire without mods, as it has built in 2-3" lift from the AHC when necessary. It also does not have the KDSS linkage in the front wheel wells that a TLC has.

Both have an issue with tall and wide tires (think 35" x 12.5), these require careful offsets and may need a body mount chop, as well as significant plastics removal. It is sometimes possible to avoid the BMC with adjustable UCAs. There are many considerations . . .

OP- I don't know diddly squat about head units or differences in other fancy features. But I do know that you should check the maintenance history for each on the Toyota/Lexus owners sites, don't rely on the Carfax. If the water pump, radiator, or starter have not been replaced, then factor those into your price evaluation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom