LX570 + OZ Rally Raids / Cooper AT3 XLT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys!

After much reading, research and debate (a lot of which was done here!) I finally settled last week on a wheel and tire set up for my new-to-us LX 570.

My goal with this rig is to keep a lot of the plushness/comfort (coming from a medium modified 5th gen 4Runner this thing is a luxury liner), keep the road noise to a minimum, avoid hacking up the fender liner (I put a bunch of holes in my 4Runner's making my old lift and tires fit) try and preserve whatever MPG's I can, while getting away from the OE 20" wheels (which I kind of liked looks wise) in favor of something I could put a real LT all terrain tire on.

I decided to be one of the first on here to get the OZ Rally Raid NC's. Ordered off Tire Rack last week and they arrived with free shipping in less than a week, solid job there.

They are about 32 pounds each, are an 18x8.5 with a +30mm offset, so pretty close to stock offset wise, and same as stock width wise so I figured fitment would be okay.

The rubber is Cooper AT3 XLT in a LT285/65/18, E rated. They come to about 32.6" so 1.5" or so taller to fill out the wheel well.

Got them installed today and my initial reaction is the look of the car has completely been transformed! No longer is this a soccer mobile, now it has the looks to match the pedigree!

It rubbed ever so slightly on the front mud flaps, so I removed those and voila! No more rub. No rub at any ride height and with wheels at full lock both ways!

Mission accomplished!
CAD6F0ED-154F-4D38-827C-69FEF0159838.jpeg

High Setting AHC
D39F201C-4CE5-48BA-8F06-99FF39635446_1_105_c.jpeg

Low Setting AHC
993A615A-EA87-4CAA-9B73-D45597F036E1_1_105_c.jpeg
8674EA12-83A0-4CE3-84A7-CBB015A46862_1_105_c.jpeg

Where it rubbed at first
0C510932-6D52-45C7-B8D8-426453E4B532_1_105_c.jpeg

nice! i smell a sensor lift in your future ;)

Nice to see some OG quality wheels. I can't say I particularly like the new breed of dime a dozen style focused wheels. OZ has been around forever with high quality manufacturing and a legacy in motorsports.

Descent offset too at +30

Last edited:
That's exactly what I've had in mind when I get into a 200 LX. OZ wheels or Braid Winrace.

I really like those.... but no hub covers?

Nice to see some OG quality wheels. I can't say I particularly like the new breed of dime a dozen style focused wheels. OZ has been around forever with high quality manufacturing and a legacy in motorsports.

Descent offset too at +30
Yeah didn’t want to go with Fakelocks on this one. The spoked look and no bolts around the edge of the rim make it look classier to my eye anyhow.

These look great. Nice offset, no spacer needed. Bronze or black options...but...Were you ever able to source a center cap option that fit?

Reactions: D19
Hi guys!

After much reading, research and debate (a lot of which was done here!) I finally settled last week on a wheel and tire set up for my new-to-us LX 570.

My goal with this rig is to keep a lot of the plushness/comfort (coming from a medium modified 5th gen 4Runner this thing is a luxury liner), keep the road noise to a minimum, avoid hacking up the fender liner (I put a bunch of holes in my 4Runner's making my old lift and tires fit) try and preserve whatever MPG's I can, while getting away from the OE 20" wheels (which I kind of liked looks wise) in favor of something I could put a real LT all terrain tire on.

I decided to be one of the first on here to get the OZ Rally Raid NC's. Ordered off Tire Rack last week and they arrived with free shipping in less than a week, solid job there.

They are about 32 pounds each, are an 18x8.5 with a +30mm offset, so pretty close to stock offset wise, and same as stock width wise so I figured fitment would be okay.

The rubber is Cooper AT3 XLT in a LT285/65/18, E rated. They come to about 32.6" so 1.5" or so taller to fill out the wheel well.

Got them installed today and my initial reaction is the look of the car has completely been transformed! No longer is this a soccer mobile, now it has the looks to match the pedigree!

It rubbed ever so slightly on the front mud flaps, so I removed those and voila! No more rub. No rub at any ride height and with wheels at full lock both ways!

Mission accomplished!
View attachment 2366922
High Setting AHC
View attachment 2366923
Low Setting AHC
View attachment 2366925View attachment 2366926
Where it rubbed at first
View attachment 2366927

Still liking these xlts?

Still liking these xlts?
Yeah no complaints about them. Smooth on the Highway and have good grip off the pavement. Just took it to the snow a few weeks ago and did great.

Yeah no complaints about them. Smooth on the Highway and have good grip off the pavement. Just took it to the snow a few weeks ago and did great.

I like your wheels too, maybe looking at those…
thanks!

Yep. Also heavily considering the bronze painted. Look awesome on a black 570… found some great pics of one. At $415 a pop, they are little more pricey than I expected though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom