LX470 Turn Signal/Marker Light Conversion Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry for the confusion. This happens when you respond to a thread without reading first. I have done no wiring changes and currently have abandoned the side markers.

I had forgotten about this option. It seems more simple than the measures I was planning to restore side markers + turnsignals to my LX.

My marker lights were monofilament with two wires, so I just soldered the turn signal wires to the marker lights and vice versa. Works well but the turn signal is going hyper fast so I'm going to wire in some resistors to fix it.

You are using a 5 watt bulb in place of a 25 watt bulb. The output is considerably lower. Folks might not see you signaling during the day.

You are using a 5 watt bulb in place of a 25 watt bulb. The output is considerably lower. Folks might not see you signaling during the day.

The light does look bright enough, but I have been trying to think of a way to incorporate my bullet LEDs in the bumper as turn signals as well. I know I could set up a 5-pin relay as normally closed with a power source to them, then run a line from the turn signal to the relay coil to turn it off when the turn signal flashes on, making it flash in reverse with the marker light turn signals.

The only problem is I don't know what wire to run to them for always-on (with ignition) power. Any suggestions? Currently the bullet LEDs are wired to the marker light circuit so I guess I could just always drive with headlights/markers on..

Last edited:
I am no electrical engineer nor electrician by any means. However, it sounds like you want the front Bullet LED's to act in a very similar fashion to a trailer tail light converter. The brake light will act like the running lights and the signal lights will take precedence over the brake light and actually flash when you are signaling. You might need to replace the turn signal relay with one that compatible with LED's so you don't get hyper-flash syndrome. Will this work? Hopefully somebody else "in the know" will chime in.

image.png

Last edited:
I am no electrical engineer nor electrician by any means. However, it sounds like you want the front Bullet LED's to act in a very similar fashion to a trailer tail light converter. The brake light will act like the running lights and the signal lights will take precedence over the brake light and actually flash when you are signaling. You might need to replace the turn signal relay with one that compatible with LED's so you don't get hyper-flash syndrome. Will this work? Hopefully somebody else "in the know" will chime in.

View attachment 1821391

The relay I have is a lot like this one:
micro_relay_12v_5_pin_large.jpeg

Wired thusly:
Always on power (currently marker lights) --> 30
87a --> LEDs
87 --> unpopulated
Turn signal + --> 85
86 --> turn signal -

I'm not sure there's a better option for ignition-on power in the area. Running lights are off with headlights on, and headlights are off with running lights on, so nothing up front is always on -.-

Last edited:
Hey I have a 98 LX470. Just to confirm the marker light does not blink when I turn on the turn signal. Is this correct.

therefore the only front light that blinks to my turn signal are at next to my fog light on the bumper?

Hey I have a 98 LX470. Just to confirm the marker light does not blink when I turn on the turn signal. Is this correct.

therefore the only front light that blinks to my turn signal are at next to my fog light on the bumper?
If you do this conversion your marker will blink. In stock form, the LX has turn signals next to your fog lights

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom