LX470 Subwoofer Isolation Foam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did the foam ring replacement on my factory sub and am still getting some poor sounding bass.

I suspect it's from the surrounding foam (isolation foam I believe? ) dry rotting as well and coming off in chunks when accessing the four subwoofer mounting screws.

Check out the video below, particularly the top right mounting screw area where you can see where the sound is getting "blown out".

Should I just find some new isolation foam and somehow patch it up to repair?

Thanks!

Seeing as to how no one answered, I can tell you what I did- scrape all the dry rot foam off, get yourself an 18x32 sheet of dynamat and cover the whole box. But if your bass sucks or is blaring that old speaker is probably shot.

Did the foam ring replacement on my factory sub and am still getting some poor sounding bass.

I suspect it's from the surrounding foam (isolation foam I believe? ) dry rotting as well and coming off in chunks when accessing the four subwoofer mounting screws.

Check out the video below, particularly the top right mounting screw area where you can see where the sound is getting "blown out".

Should I just find some new isolation foam and somehow patch it up to repair?

Thanks!

So after further investigation it looks I had my cone off center and it was rubbing. I centered it up prior to adding the new foam ring, but it must have gotten thrown off when I put the gasket on.

After a re-glue of the foam and gasket, the speaker sounds great. I’ll leave this post up for future reference.

Which year is your LX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom